Topics

APRSIS32 Installed

Jerome <jlofton@...>

Lynn,

I Installed APRSIS32 per your instructions; Entered my Call WD4CWG-2 and created a OSMTiles subdirectory from the Directory where the exe is located; Located Home and exited program to save.

Program worked fine ... however

The OSMTiles files seem to be "locked" into a location other than specified.

I originally placed the APRSIS32.exe in my c:&#92;My Documents&#92;My Downloads&#92;APRS&#92;APRSIS32 Folder. Then I installed the program, as described ... Entered my Call WD4CWG-2 and created a OSMTiles subdirectory from the Directory where the exe is located; Located Home and exited program to save. When I started up the program everything ran fine, but when I checked for the OSMTiles files, the OSMTiles folder did not exist and the APRS00-thru-APRS18 folders were located at C:&#92;My Documents&#92;My Downloads.

I then deleted ALL the APRS00-thru-APRS18 folders, deleted the APRSISCE.log, and deleted the APRSIS32.xml. I then repeated the above and got the same result.

I then deleted ALL the APRS00-thru-APRS18 folders, deleted the APRSISCE.log, and deleted the APRSIS32.xml again, then I created and moved to C:&#92;Program Files&#92;APRSIS&#92; and copyied the APRSIS Folder with ONLY the EXE and repeated the install ... (Exe now in folder C:&#92;Program Files&#92;APRSIS&#92;APRSIS). I again entered my Call WD4CWG-2 and created a OSMTiles subdirectory from the Directory where the exe is located (C:&#92;Program Files&#92;APRSIS32&#92;APRSIS32&#92;OSMTiles); Located Home and exited program to save. When I started up the program everything again ran fine, but when I checked for the OSMTiles files, the OSMTiles folder did exist this time, but the APRS00-thru-APRS18 folders were still located at C:&#92;My Documents&#92;My Downloads.

Is there another file located somewhere else that is defining the directory structure that I failed to delete ? Any Ideas ?

Thanks,
Jerome
WD4CWG

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Jerome,

The APRSIS32.xml file located in the current directory when the .EXE is executed is the only configuration information for the program. Are you double-clicking the .EXE directly or using a shortcut from somewhere else? It may be that the shortcut is specifying a different default directory and an .xml file in that directory is giving you grief. Although, if that were the case, it wouldn't prompt you for a new configuration when you run it. The lack of a configured callsign is what does that.

If it were me, I'd just edit the APRSIS32.xml file with a plain text editor (Notepad works) and change the <OSM.Path> to something like:

<OSM.Path>.&#92;OSMTiles&#92;</OSM.Path>

Create a directory called OSMTiles in the directory along with the .EXE and .xml files and remember to only edit the .xml with the client NOT running. Otherwise your changes will get lost.

There's other parameters in the .xml that you can mess with and others that will completely break the program, so please edit with caution and save a copy of the pre-edited file! One of these days I'll get around to documenting what all is in there and what is safe to change.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Jerome wrote:

[...]

You are correct. I was using the Shortcut (inconsistantly). I did check the XML file and it was set for something other than the intended location ... Changed it with WORDPAD, and it is working fine. Thanks.

Can't wait to get the list to find out what else can be customized.

73, Jerome