APRSIS32 and Soundmodem by UZ7HO

facundof2@...

Been setting up  APRSIS32 with the Soundmodem by UZ7HO and Every time the station beacons, the soundmodem main window shows the following messages, with the first two lines in red and the second two in black. This to me indicates an error or a collision and then my packet seems to be retransmitted by the N4NE digipeater (one of the main in the area):

1:Fm KK4ODA To APWW11 Via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 <UI C Pid=F0 Len=63> [13:55:04T]
@175504h3350.35N/08416.52Wl360/000/A=001003PHG///0From Home QTH

1:Fm KK4ODA To APWW11 Via N4NE-2*,WIDE2-1 <UI C Pid=F0 Len=63> [13:55:07R] [+++]
@175504h3350.35N/08416.52Wl360/000/A=001003PHG///0From Home QTH

Any thoughts why the first two lines are showing an error? I am using an IC-9700 on a usb cable set to COM7

Thank you

Facundo, KK4ODA

Rob Giuliano

I'd check the UZ7HO docs before making an assumption.
I don't have quick access to them, but ...

Possible it is not an error, but RED is TX, and black is received.

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 15:33, facundof2@...
<facundof2@...> wrote:
Been setting up  APRSIS32 with the Soundmodem by UZ7HO and Every time the station beacons, the soundmodem main window shows the following messages, with the first two lines in red and the second two in black. This to me indicates an error or a collision and then my packet seems to be retransmitted by the N4NE digipeater (one of the main in the area):

1:Fm KK4ODA To APWW11 Via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 <UI C Pid=F0 Len=63> [13:55:04T]
@175504h3350.35N/08416.52Wl360/000/A=001003PHG///0From Home QTH

1:Fm KK4ODA To APWW11 Via N4NE-2*,WIDE2-1 <UI C Pid=F0 Len=63> [13:55:07R] [+++]
@175504h3350.35N/08416.52Wl360/000/A=001003PHG///0From Home QTH

Any thoughts why the first two lines are showing an error? I am using an IC-9700 on a usb cable set to COM7

Thank you

Facundo, KK4ODA

Lynn Deffenbaugh

That was my first thought as well, but your PHG also is not completely populated.   You either need to select appropriate options or remove it from your beacon text.

On 9/19/2021 3:42 PM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Peter Dodd

Hi Facundo,

On my system transmitted packets are red and received black

Your transmitted packet was digipeated so system is working correctly.

You should see that the time in first line has a T after it and the second packet has an R after the time and the WIDE1-1 is missing indicated one hop has occurred.

I am using mine for 30m  hf aprs.

Cheers
Peter

VK7KPC-4