Aprsis32 710ga

JR Riner

Anyone have the sw running with the kw 710ga? My ? Is when conneted to the 710 control head the data it dumps to my tablet will be received packets via rf? No internet required?
73, ke4pmp

Adam Mahnke

if you look at aprs.fi and search for kc2ant-9 on Sept 11th and find the track from 6am until about 2pm that is all a D710AG being paired with APRSIS32 on a Win10 laptop. I had it hooked up to an internet connection to be a mobile IGate to support a special event that day.

What you are asking can be accomplished yes.

Adam
KC2ANT

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 9:05 AM JR Riner <ke4pmp@...> wrote:
Anyone have the sw running with the kw 710ga? My ? Is when conneted to the 710 control head the data it dumps to my tablet will be received packets via rf? No internet required?
73, ke4pmp

Rob Giuliano

An internet connection is not required for APRSIS32.
However, maps are downloaded through an internet connection so you will need to cache (prefetch) the area you will be traveling through before you lose your internet connection.

There are 2 places you can "disconnect" from the internet, bot under Menu >Enables:
    Menu >Enables >APRS-IS Enabled   => just disconnect from the IS servers - maps still download
    Menu >Enables >Internet Access      => Complete disconnect from the internet.  No maps or APRS-IS.

So, if your concern is data uses on a mobile device, you have a choice.
I suggest reading up on map caching on the wiki:

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 09:05:02 AM EDT, JR Riner <ke4pmp@...> wrote:

Anyone have the sw running with the kw 710ga? My ? Is when conneted to the 710 control head the data it dumps to my tablet will be received packets via rf? No internet required?
73, ke4pmp

Adam Mahnke

Thanks for catching that Rob, I forgot about doing that. All of my maps area already fetched for that event area and I forgot all about it.

Adam
KC2ANT