Topics

APRSIS

ve6tdx

To the group.
I just updated my aprsis on my computer in the car. But now I don't see my GPS or speed on the screen. I didn't make any changes from setting from my old settings. Thanks in advance.
Adrian VE6TDX.

Fred Hillhouse

I think it is this setting:
Toolbar > Configure > Screen > Speed size
Is it unchecked? If so, add a check.

Fred N7FMH

Fred Hillhouse

Are you using a GPS connected to an USB port? If yes, is it mapped to a COM port? Is it now on a different COM port? I have had this issue before.

Fred N7FMH

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What GPS do you have connected to APRSIS32?

Are the parameters to access it still correct in Configure / Ports / NMEA?

Is Enables / GPS Enabled checked?

On 5/6/2020 1:10 PM, ve6tdx wrote:
To the group.
I just updated my aprsis on my computer in the car. But now I don't see my GPS or speed on the screen. I didn't make any changes from setting from my old settings. Thanks in advance.
Adrian VE6TDX.

Don Eklund

Fred. How are you mapping a USB port to a computer port?

I ha e a couple of Delorme GPS that I would l I keep to use with apps win 32..

Are you using a GPS connected to an USB port? If yes, is it mapped to a COM port? Is it now on a different COM port? I have had this issue before.

Fred N7FMH

ve6tdx

No that is checked.
I am using the kenwood 710 with a garmin Montana GPS unit. It worked fine until the update. GPS is enabled as checked off.
Adrian ve6tdx

On Wed., May 6, 2020, 11:14 Fred Hillhouse, <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:
I think it is this setting:
Toolbar > Configure > Screen > Speed size
Is it unchecked? If so, add a check.

Fred N7FMH

Fred Hillhouse

I had a RS232 GPS and I had used an USB/RS232 converter. In the PC, it shows up on a virtual COM port.

Can you do that with the DeLorme GPS?

Fred N7FMH

Fred. How are you mapping a USB port to a computer port?

I ha e a couple of Delorme GPS that I would l I keep to use with apps win 32..

Are you using a GPS connected to an USB port? If yes, is it mapped to a COM port? Is it now on a different COM port? I have had this issue before.

Fred N7FMH

Avast logo

Please send me your APRSIS32.xml file to KJ4ERJ@....  I suspect there's an issue with your <Open/CloseCmd>s that are no longer telling the D710 to send the GPS data.

I assume your D710 is in Packet mode?  As far as I remember, that's the only mode that delivers GPS data to the connected PC.

Please also confirm that the GPS/NMEA box is checked in your Configure / Ports / <YourD710PortName>.

On 5/6/2020 1:38 PM, ve6tdx wrote:
No that is checked.
I am using the kenwood 710 with a garmin Montana GPS unit. It worked fine until the update. GPS is enabled as checked off.
Adrian ve6tdx

On Wed., May 6, 2020, 11:14 Fred Hillhouse, <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:
I think it is this setting:
Toolbar > Configure > Screen > Speed size
Is it unchecked? If so, add a check.

Fred N7FMH

Fred Hillhouse

I should have added, my GPS output was NMEA sentences. For this to work with your GPS, it would need to output NEMA. I seem to remember some DeLorme GPS units only had a proprietary mode.

There are lots of very cheap options if you cannot get them to work.

Fred N7FMH

I had a RS232 GPS and I had used an USB/RS232 converter. In the PC, it shows up on a virtual COM port.

Can you do that with the DeLorme GPS?

Fred N7FMH

Fred. How are you mapping a USB port to a computer port?

I ha e a couple of Delorme GPS that I would l I keep to use with apps win 32..

Are you using a GPS connected to an USB port? If yes, is it mapped to a COM port? Is it now on a different COM port? I have had this issue before.

Fred N7FMH

Avast logo

Fred Hillhouse

I would certainly check your port assignments against what Windows is using.

Fred N7FMH

I am using the kenwood 710 with a garmin Montana GPS unit. It worked fine until the update. GPS is enabled as checked off.

Adrian ve6tdx

On Wed., May 6, 2020, 11:14 Fred Hillhouse, <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

I think it is this setting:
Toolbar > Configure > Screen > Speed size
Is it unchecked? If so, add a check.

Fred N7FMH

Avast logo

Christopher Rose

710 has its own GPS. Why use a second GPS?

I am using the kenwood 710 with a garmin Montana GPS unit. It worked fine until the update. GPS is enabled as checked off.
Adrian ve6tdx

On Wed., May 6, 2020, 11:14 Fred Hillhouse, <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:
I think it is this setting:
Toolbar > Configure > Screen > Speed size
Is it unchecked? If so, add a check.

Fred N7FMH

James Ewen

The TM-D710G has a GPS built in. My TM-D710a does not. Adrian probably had the older version.

James
VE6SRV

--
James