APRSIS

takstein <espe@...>

Hi, i have a very strong wish these days. I see that there are applications for APRS for several types of cell-phones/smartphones, but NONE for BlackBerry.

Is it possible? Programming is not my area so im really just hoping that someone hear my prey.

Best regards,
Stian - LA2YSA

Lynn Deffenbaugh

The BlackBerry is a completely different development environment than that which I'm familiar. I'm a C programmer with native Win32 APIs for decades now, but the BlackBerry is a Java-centric beastie. And I'm told that Java ME (Micro Edition) isn't the Java a programmer might have gotten used to on other, more-robust platforms.

That being said, I happen to know that a friend of mine is working on a native BB client. I send him every request like this that I receive on any of the APRS lists that I'm on. He's reading this one too!

As soon as he has something ready, I'll be helping him get the word out to the world.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

takstein wrote:

Hi, i have a very strong wish these days. I see that there are applications for APRS for several types of cell-phones/smartphones, but NONE for BlackBerry.

Is it possible? Programming is not my area so im really just hoping that someone hear my prey.
Best regards, Stian - LA2YSA

takstein <espe@...>

Cool, I hope he succeed in making something usefull, whould be beloved for us BlackBerry users.
Cheers, LA2YSA