Android's Share GPS app

Glenn O'Connor

After years of reading about the inputting of NMEA data to APRSIS32, I thought I would see what's
available, software-wise, to port data. I just got Android's ShareGPS to do so.

Not understanding exactly what is what, I'm sharing this screenshot of it's current activity regarding
it's interaction with 'IS32. So here goes.

Glenn-KF0ED

Rob Giuliano

The wiki is your BEST friend.  Specifically:

The line of numbers on the bottom are tracked satellites in view, and signal strength.

Rob KB8RCO

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 18:57, Glenn O'Connor
<ka0lnr37@...> wrote:
After years of reading about the inputting of NMEA data to APRSIS32, I thought I would see what's

Not understanding exactly what is what, I'm sharing this screenshot of it's current activity regarding

Glenn-KF0ED

Glenn O'Connor

Thanks Bob. I did read the wiki and found out this particular app is also mentioned in the wiki.

Now, I didn’t follow the wiki in setting up ShareGPS. For one, I didn’t encounter the

mention until after the fact. LOL. Next, the wiki article mentions using the additional

app for a serial interface. Fortunately for me, my PC features BluTooth and I was able

to setup a BT serial connection, after some trial and error, without the additional program.

Seems to do the job.

Thanks again.

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rob Giuliano via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 6:34 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Android's Share GPS app

The wiki is your BEST friend.  Specifically:

The line of numbers on the bottom are tracked satellites in view, and signal strength.

Rob KB8RCO

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 18:57, Glenn O'Connor

<ka0lnr37@...> wrote:

Glenn-KF0ED