Android's Share GPS app

Glenn O'Connor

After years of reading about the inputting of NMEA data to APRSIS32, I thought I would see what's
available, software-wise, to port data. I just got Android's ShareGPS to do so.

Not understanding exactly what is what, I'm sharing this screenshot of it's current activity regarding
it's interaction with 'IS32. So here goes.

73,
Glenn-KF0ED

Rob Giuliano

The wiki is your BEST friend.  Specifically:

The line of numbers on the bottom are tracked satellites in view, and signal strength.

Rob KB8RCO

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 18:57, Glenn O'Connor
<ka0lnr37@...> wrote:
After years of reading about the inputting of NMEA data to APRSIS32, I thought I would see what's
available, software-wise, to port data. I just got Android's ShareGPS to do so.

Not understanding exactly what is what, I'm sharing this screenshot of it's current activity regarding
it's interaction with 'IS32. So here goes.

73,
Glenn-KF0ED

Glenn O'Connor

Thanks Bob. I did read the wiki and found out this particular app is also mentioned in the wiki.

Now, I didn’t follow the wiki in setting up ShareGPS. For one, I didn’t encounter the

mention until after the fact. LOL. Next, the wiki article mentions using the additional

app for a serial interface. Fortunately for me, my PC features BluTooth and I was able

to setup a BT serial connection, after some trial and error, without the additional program.

Seems to do the job.

Thanks again.