New Feature : Query & Autoresponder

Adam Mahnke

Oh Lynn

Screenshots below. Dan and I are getting similar results, and we are not seeing each other's groups as options. Not sure who else has stuff set up.

image.png

image.png

Dan seems to be set up correctly

image.png

image.png

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 9:08 AM Adam Mahnke via groups.io <kc2ant=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
interesting. I just did info 20000 which should show everything worldwide and all I get are Lynn's T2SRV as an option....

I just sent your W5DMH station a message and got acks so we're both online....

Anyone have any thoughts?

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 9:04 AM Dan Hurd W5DMH <dan@...> wrote:
No I am sending from another rig / computer using RF and it the TX is getting picked up and gated by the local digi

Adam Mahnke

interesting. I just did info 20000 which should show everything worldwide and all I get are Lynn's T2SRV as an option....

I just sent your W5DMH station a message and got acks so we're both online....

Anyone have any thoughts?

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 9:04 AM Dan Hurd W5DMH <dan@...> wrote:
No I am sending from another rig / computer using RF and it the TX is getting picked up and gated by the local digi

Dan Hurd W5DMH

my other station (calling the query) is getting heard by the APRSIS32 station as well

Dan Hurd W5DMH

No I am sending from another rig / computer using RF and it the TX is getting picked up and gated by the local digi

Adam Mahnke

are you sending from your server station?

you may need to send from a station that isn't hosting the information.

Although, I just did info for 4000 from FN12SK and am only getting Lynns T2SRV objects as an option.... interesting

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 8:55 AM Dan Hurd W5DMH <dan@...> wrote:
I am struggling to get QRU to work...my QRU server shows on APRS.fi however when I send  "INFO 250" to QRU I do not get a response for or from my server.

Dan Hurd W5DMH

I am struggling to get QRU to work...my QRU server shows on APRS.fi however when I send  "INFO 250" to QRU I do not get a response for or from my server.

James Ewen

The QRU functionality is designed to fill this niche.

QRU isn't developed in a vacuum.

YAAC also supports QRU.

UI-View

There are probably other clients that also support QRU queries.

Having said that the capability is there doesn't mean that people will use it. APRS has a lot of functionality, and Bob was always trying to get people to use APRS for more than tracking the location of their car or house.

Build out QRU support, encourage people to use it. If you don't build it, there's nothing to use, and therefore no one will use it. I'm not sure which part is the chicken and which part is the egg in this scenario, but it applies.

James
VE6SRV

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 10:14 AM Adam Mahnke <kc2ant@...> wrote:
I wonder if you could meet your goal with the QRU function that is already there. At least your Event one perhaps, not sure about the net one unless it's on a repeater... Just a thought

Adam
KC2ANT

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 8:19 AM Dan Hurd W5DMH <dan@...> wrote:
Any thoughts on a new feature that would allow a station to serve some on demand content?
What I am thinking is a few auto responses that can be configured by the station.
For instance, if the station receives a direct message with only the word "NET" in the message, it could respond with "JS8CALL NET MONDAYS AT 7UTC 14.078 USB"
or maybe an Event Address so the key word would be "EVENT" and the station would respond with "FIELD DAY @ ROSE PARK 2PM SAT JAN 12"

My suggestion would be to have up to 5 autoresponders with a user configurable keyword and response phrase.

Thanks for looking!

73 de Dan W5DMH

Adam Mahnke