Message = "Special"

I keep receiving, in the upper right hand corner, messages and when I click on them to read the content it says "Transmitted Special".  What is that and is there any way to supress just the "Special" messages?
A screen shot is attached.  Thanks!

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Configure / Mic-E Notifications, and uncheck Special.  You may also want to uncheck Priority as there are (thankfully fewer) folks out there transmitting that status as well.

You may also want to read: http://aprs.org/aprs12/EmergencyCode.txt

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 8/16/2022 8:55 AM, AB9NN - Jon Kreski wrote:

I keep receiving, in the upper right hand corner, messages and when I click on them to read the content it says "Transmitted Special".  What is that and is there any way to supress just the "Special" messages?

Adam Mahnke

Under the configure menu there is an option for "Mic-E" Messages

On this station I have them all suppressed as it is an unattended Digi/iGate

Adam
KC2ANT

image.png

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 8:55 AM AB9NN - Jon Kreski <jkreski@...> wrote:

Rob Giuliano

> What is that ...
Within the Mic-E standard are message "Notifications" or emergency codes (see: http://aprs.org/aprs12/EmergencyCode.txt).  With certain notifications, the APRS client is "instructed" to take certain action (according to the specification).
In the original APRS, these bits were to trigger these on-receipt-
responses:

SPECIAL  - would CENTER the map on the symbol
 PRIORITY - would CENTER and ZOOM to 8 mile local range scale
 EMERGENCY- CENTER and ZOOM and ALARM beeps until cleared by operator.
> ... is there any way to suppress just the "Special" messages?
Yes -> From the menu >Configure >Mic-E Notifications
   Choose the level you want.  Most people check "Suppress Notifications"
   but leave "Suppress EMERGENCY too" unchecked

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

On Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 08:55:15 AM EDT, AB9NN - Jon Kreski <jkreski@...> wrote: