Custom Queries?

Dan Hurd W5DMH

Hi Lynn
Is there a way to modify the custom queries or add new custom queries?

I would like to have couple custom queries :
  • ?NET    this query would respond with our NET schedule
  • ?ANC   this would be used for special announcements
  • ?WRN  this would be used for local weather or traffic warnings
If it can be done in the XML file , I can quickly create a simple graphical editor for updating these fields and share it with the group.

73 Dan W5DMH

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Sorry, but that level of customization is not supported in APRSIS32 at this time.

That said, you can always write your own APRS client and connect it to a server-type port in APRSIS32.  Anything you can imagine can be done by monitoring, parsing, and creating your own packets.

On 1/8/2022 4:42 AM, Dan Hurd wrote:
Hi Lynn
Is there a way to modify the custom queries or add new custom queries?

I would like to have couple custom queries :
  • ?NET    this query would respond with our NET schedule
  • ?ANC   this would be used for special announcements
  • ?WRN  this would be used for local weather or traffic warnings
If it can be done in the XML file , I can quickly create a simple graphical editor for updating these fields and share it with the group.

73 Dan W5DMH

Dan Hurd W5DMH

hmmm interesting thought....I had not considered using the server port.

Dan W5DMH

James Ewen

Have you looked at a QRU query?

--
James
VE6SRV

Dan Hurd W5DMH

I did not know that existed but it seems object oriented rather than information oriented but I read up on it, thanks!

73 Dan W5DMH