No Map

Rob Giuliano

Did you leave the -1 at the end of the passcode as you indicate below?  You need to delete that.

However, the gray screen is more like fixed by Lynn's and/or Fred's suggestion.

On 2/15/2021 3:54 PM, More Pi wrote:
I realize this topic has been beat to death, but no map. Gray screen only. No map displays. I have an internet connection. I have downloaded and installed APRSIS software  Windows 32 for Windows 10 operating system. My computer is not hooked up to my radio. Watched First Use video. I have a passcode. I entered my Passcode xxxxx-1. I created an icon. I entered my callsign. I made no other changes or additions to the opening screen. On occasion I get a longitude latitude grid. No Map

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Are you sure you created a new directory and unzipped the download into that new directory and then double-clicked the APRSIS32.EXE from there.  The symptom you are describing happens when you double-click the .EXE from directly in a .ZIP viewer instead of unzipping and executing the unzipped copy.

On 2/15/2021 3:54 PM, More Pi wrote:
I realize this topic has been beat to death, but no map. Gray screen only. No map displays. I have an internet connection. I have downloaded and installed APRSIS software  Windows 32 for Windows 10 operating system. My computer is not hooked up to my radio. Watched First Use video. I have a passcode. I entered my Passcode xxxxx-1. I created an icon. I entered my callsign. I made no other changes or additions to the opening screen. On occasion I get a longitude latitude grid. No Map

Fred Hillhouse

Try the right arrow key for about 32 presses (max).

Check that in the Enable tab that the appropriate checks have been added: OSM Fetch Enable, Internet Access.

I realize this topic has been beat to death, but no map. Gray screen only. No map displays. I have an internet connection. I have downloaded and installed APRSIS software  Windows 32 for Windows 10 operating system. My computer is not hooked up to my radio. Watched First Use video. I have a passcode. I entered my Passcode xxxxx-1. I created an icon. I entered my callsign. I made no other changes or additions to the opening screen. On occasion I get a longitude latitude grid. No Map

Avast logo

More Pi