Pixelated Map Again

KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...>

On 5/30/2020 23:04, James Ewen wrote:
Turn off purging in the map options to keep the tiles you have already downloaded.
Thanks Jerry! Done!

--
73
Bob KD7YZ

--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

James Ewen

Turn off purging in the map options to keep the tiles you have already downloaded.

No need to download the same tiles over and over again, especially if you have poor internet service.

James
VE6SRV

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:
Hi Lynn and all:

Internet "may" be the issue. sometimes I either have "some slooowww"
Internet and sometimes no internet. Sometime up to a whopping 20mb.

Map OK now.

OSM was turned on.

tracing was off

exe file in C:\Radio,  so not a problem.

Since Map now looks good, and it's a while since I was in here and wrote
the question, I am guessing Internet access was the issue.

Thank You.

--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

--
James
VE6SRV

KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...>

Hi Lynn and all:

Internet "may" be the issue. sometimes I either have "some slooowww" Internet and sometimes no internet. Sometime up to a whopping 20mb.

Map OK now.

OSM was turned on.

tracing was off

exe file in C:\Radio, so not a problem.

Since Map now looks good, and it's a while since I was in here and wrote the question, I am guessing Internet access was the issue.

Thank You.

--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Yes, there should be an APRSIS32.XML file in the directory under which you execute the program.  Deleting that file while the program is closed will put it back to its original non-configured state.  Or copy the .EXE to a newly created empty directory and execute it from there.

But like I suggested before, if you bring up and enable the OSM trace log, you might be able to learn what is causing the issue.

On 5/30/2020 9:48 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
A while back I answered my own question about this. Apparently that wasn't the answer.

When I started APRSIS32 this AM I saw the pixelated map again. Thus I did another reboot. This did not fix the problem.

Is there a config of settings file I can delete which is then rebuilt at a new program startup ... and that would put me back to a 'correct' map?

The version I am using is 2020/05/19 21:42 fwiw.
Windows-10-Pro

Fred Hillhouse

One more thing that Mark sparked:

And, not running from the ZIP file.

Fred N7FMH

From: Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...>

Date: 5/30/20 7:45 AM (GMT-08:00)

To: APRSISCE@groups.io

Look at Toolbar-Enables:
Are you connected to the internet?
Do you have internet Access enabled?
Is OSM fetch enabled?

This will take a bit more effort if everything above is answered yes.
Have you verified your tile server configuration?
Probably the best approach would be to send your APRSIS32.xml file to Lynn directly.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

A while back I answered my own question about this. Apparently that wasn't the answer.

When I started APRSIS32 this AM I saw the pixelated map again. Thus I did another reboot. This did not fix the problem.

Is there a config of settings file I can delete which is then rebuilt at a new program startup ... and that would put me back to a 'correct' map?

The version I am using is 2020/05/19 21:42 fwiw.
Windows-10-Pro

--
73
Bob KD7YZ