From: Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>
Date: 4/29/20 20:38 (GMT-05:00)
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] Ready for Release?

So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

KE6BB

Yes! I've had 2 instances running most of the day...One for "normal" APRS traffic (RF & IS), and a second one for NWS traffic on firenet for weather (tornado) watching.  No problems so far.

I love the program!  Thank you.

Mark,
KE6BB

So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Billy Mason

I say go for it. I haven't encountered any issues with the update.

Billy Mason
KD5KNR

So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000 question is:  For those of you running the latest development release, is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Been running for awhile, but gaven't been able to test any of ghe new features.

Q:  Was the IS to RF filtering included as was in development?
      Sorry I didn't check the update list, but was something I meant to check on.

Rob Giuluano
KB8RCO

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 20:38, Lynn Deffenbaugh
<kj4erj@...> wrote:
So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

Yes, and for now that feature (filtered -IS to RF gating) will remain only enabled with Development in the XML config file.  Until I can get some sort of throttling implemented, I don't want it "generally" available.

On 4/29/2020 9:31 PM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
Been running for awhile, but gaven't been able to test any of ghe new features.

Q:  Was the IS to RF filtering included as was in development?
      Sorry I didn't check the update list, but was something I meant to check on.

Rob Giuluano
KB8RCO

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 20:38, Lynn Deffenbaugh
So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

Greg D

Oops. Just upgraded... I was waiting for things to stabilize; guess I
waited too long.

Seems to be working. This is under Wine on a Linux box.

Greg KO6TH

Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is: For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Steve

Long overdue
73
Steve,  kf6wax

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 1:38 AM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:
So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Adam Mahnke

Send it, two instances stable 24/7. Both Digi, one is-rf igate, one on firenet.

Adam
KC2ANT

So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Randy Allen

Working well for me, I'd say yes.

Tony G

If your asking if it's ready for prime time, I'm running the 4/27 16:06 version and while I've not exercised everything, nothing has acted buggy.

Only problem I'm chasing is KPC3 KISS status upon program shutdown but that's probably an edit to the config file that I have to tackle.

TG

On 4/29/2020 20:38, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:
So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000 question is:  For those of you running the latest development release, is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Fred Hillhouse

I do almost the same thing. I also display earthquakes and lightning!

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

PS. Release it! It is ready!

So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Avast logo

KE6BB

Thanks for the reminder, Fred.  I had forgotten about Lynns lightning server.  I noticed that I had -b/KJ4ERJ-LS in my filters which I changed to b/KJ4ERJ-LS, and it works!  Now I remember that I used the “-“ to turn the filter off without having to take it clear out of the Configure menu.  That keeps it handy so I can turn lightning on or off without having to look it up.

I found an old message (#29727 dated 10/22/16 in groups.io) that says to, “…specify a filter of b/KJ4ERJ-15 or o/LS*…”, but that may be old info.  I haven’t tried either of them recently:

https://groups.io/g/APRSISCE/message/29727

Lynn does of great job of keeping me from hanging out in bars all night 😜.

Mark,

KE6BB

So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Avast logo

Al Massaro

Lightning I have displaying (when we get it), earthquakes I am very interested. How? Where to find the setup info?
AL M
KF5SMH

Fred Hillhouse Jr (CruelShoes)

Add b/QUAKE* to your filter.