Topics

'Red Dot' meaning?

KD7YZ Bob

This morning I see a red-dot, few pixels, hovering/drifting about my "ME"-House location indicator.

It's 12 degrees(f) and I am guessing some ice on the outdoor little GPS dome. might be affecting the GPS coord's.
Sometimes, down at the bottom of the window, I see mostly 51 green ....other times this AM I see a lot of Red's and oranges.
Is that the cause or meaning of a Reddish orb hanging about?

Though I see all greens (GPS Sats) now and the Red Orb is a dozen miles NE of me.

hmmmm.
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Greg Depew

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:red-dot

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2/15/20 07:23 (GMT-05:00)
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] 'Red Dot' meaning?

This morning I see a red-dot, few pixels, hovering/drifting about my "ME"-House location indicator.

It's 12 degrees(f) and I am guessing some ice on the outdoor little GPS dome. might be affecting the GPS coord's.
Sometimes, down at the bottom of the window, I see mostly 51 green ....other times this AM I see a lot of Red's and oranges.
Is that the cause or meaning of a Reddish orb hanging about?

Though I see all greens (GPS Sats) now and the Red Orb is a dozen miles NE of me.

hmmmm.
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

KD7YZ Bob

Ah, thank you. Smart-Beaconing.
So since this is home and the rig on the bench, always, I need to turn off SmartBeacon ... right?

Cuz, other than Plate-Tectonics, I am not moving.
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Mike Heskett WB5QLD

Or, you could just tell you APRSISCE what your position is and turn off the GPS. It isn't a "Mobile Home", probably.

Michael Heskett
WB5QLD

-----Original Message-----
From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> On Behalf Of KD7YZ Bob
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2020 7:54 AM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] 'Red Dot' meaning?

Ah, thank you. Smart-Beaconing.
So since this is home and the rig on the bench, always, I need to turn off SmartBeacon ... right?

Cuz, other than Plate-Tectonics, I am not moving.
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

KD7YZ Bob

OK. GPS "off" or unchecked now. SO, the "ME" is placed pretty nearly at the house.

Or, is there somewhere in the menu system where I can type in the real GPS coordinates?

If so, I have not seen it nor found where by searching places like:
http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-beacon

thanks for the help
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Lynn Deffenbaugh

With the GPS off, simply zoom in and pan until the center of the crosshairs is where you want to be.  Then hit Transmit.  APRSIS32 should ask if you would like to move Me to center.  If it doesn't ask, you're not zoomed in close enough yet.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 2/15/2020 1:31 PM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
OK. GPS "off" or unchecked now. SO, the "ME" is placed pretty nearly at the house.

Or, is there somewhere in the menu system where I can type in the real GPS coordinates?

If so, I have not seen it nor found where by searching places like:
http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-beacon

thanks for the help
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

KD7YZ Bob

OK . Perfect. Did it.

Seem to recall you told this to me once before.

And I have my Lat/Lon (from the GPS outdoor ant) already programmed into the D710 .... so vis-a-vis APRSIS/32, will my Pos be xmit, now, based on the ME-Center, when a beacon from APRSIS/32 is issued?

--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Yes, the location of Me is what is used for the posits from APRSIS32.  And with the GPS disabled, it should be transmitted based on Time only.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 2/15/2020 2:32 PM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
OK . Perfect. Did it.

Seem to recall you told this to me once before.

And I have my Lat/Lon (from the GPS outdoor ant) already programmed into the D710 .... so vis-a-vis APRSIS/32, will my Pos be xmit, now, based on the ME-Center, when a beacon from APRSIS/32 is issued?
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

KD7YZ Bob

RR

Tnx!

--
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL