From: KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...>
Date: 2/15/20 07:23 (GMT-05:00)
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] 'Red Dot' meaning?

This morning I see a red-dot, few pixels, hovering/drifting about my "ME"-House location indicator.

It's 12 degrees(f) and I am guessing some ice on the outdoor little GPS dome. might be affecting the GPS coord's.
Sometimes, down at the bottom of the window, I see mostly 51 green ....other times this AM I see a lot of Red's and oranges.
Is that the cause or meaning of a Reddish orb hanging about?

Though I see all greens (GPS Sats) now and the Red Orb is a dozen miles NE of me.

hmmmm.
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

KD7YZ Bob

Ah, thank you. Smart-Beaconing.
So since this is home and the rig on the bench, always, I need to turn off SmartBeacon ... right?

Cuz, other than Plate-Tectonics, I am not moving.
--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Mike Heskett WB5QLD

Or, you could just tell you APRSISCE what your position is and turn off the GPS. It isn't a "Mobile Home", probably.

Michael Heskett
WB5QLD