Topics

I want to operate aprs while listening to hf

Rob Giuliano

The Yaesu FT857D is a single frequency radio.  There is no way to use it as you intend.  The priority channel jumps between 2 frequencies, but transmit on the VFO (not priority) frequency.

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 17:50, Lynn Deffenbaugh
<kj4erj@...> wrote:

With a dedicated rig for 2m, yes.  With a dual band, it's likely that whatever band has PTT control on the front is the band that will transmit via the audio connections out the back to the SignalLink.

I believe there are some radios that let you specify which bands go out, but I'm not personally familiar with the 857D.

On 12/27/2019 5:36 PM, K7OI-Mark wrote:
Hi
K7oi here
I use 857d yaesu with signalink USB and aprsisce32.
Is it possible to listen to other bands while using the 144.39 to xmit/rcv aprs packets?

Anyone experienced in doing this I've tried for some reason my packets get cut off or xmit fully on the other freq I'm listening to embarrassing.
I've tried such things as priority channel either way etc.
Ideas?
And yes a dedicated 2m or xband rig is being considered.

K7OI-Mark

Yes I've tried that priority and Split frequency mode and no joy.
My vx8gr I sold had a dedicated aprs frequency that was nice.
Happy Holidays
Drive responsibly😁