From: Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>
Date: 12/27/19 5:07 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] RF Serial COM1 Port Parsing Error, KISS: Missing Leading CO[XX]

Hopefully you have APRSIS32 on a Simply(KISS) type port.  The KISS type port is designed for Kenwood APRS radios and will sometimes take other TNCs out of KISS mode when the port is disabled or APRSIS32 is closed.

So, if your "straight kiss" means "Simply(KISS)", you're good.  If it means "KISS", you may be hosed at some point in the future again.

PS.  I queried your station and it appears that the port you called "kiss" is actually a KISS-type port.  You need to delete that one and create a new one with all the same settings, except select Simply(KISS) at the start.  Unfortunately, there's no way to change the type of an existing port, only it's connectivity and attributes.

On 12/27/2019 3:38 PM, Michael wrote:
Lee,

You were right on. I left the Tracker II ports default in AUTO after updating the firmware. I have now changed the port to KISS and now I am getting RF in the Scrolling listing. I might have changed something in both the OTII and APRSIS32, but now it is working again having changed both to straight kiss!

Thank you!

--Michael K5NOT

On 12/27/2019 2:20 PM, K5DAT wrote:
I believe that message in the log is an indicator that the OpenTracker is not actually in KISS mode.  In other words APRSIS32 is expecting standard KISS output from the OpenTracker, but it's not seeing it.

73,
Lee K5DAT

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 11:26 AM Michael <mw@...> wrote:
I have had ASPSIS32 working fine. Then I touched it. Started poking around, "Wonder what this does?" for a few hours and now it is broke. :|

Config:
APRSIS32 on Win 10
Open Tracker II in KISS Mode on COM1, 4800,N,1
APRSIS32 in Simply KISS mode, COM1, 4800,N,1 (Created port "Open Tracker II as Kiss port)
Scroller at ALL

Scroller is showing APRS-IS traffic fine. No local RF Traffic, no CALLSIGN*

Looking at the data from the TNC with TerraTerm, looks fine - as expected text with local RF stations and Digi hop info.

Logging the port I see a lot of:

Port(OpenTracker II) [Date and time info] KISS:Missing Leading CO[XX]...

Where XX data is changing, as an example: 50,62,51,53

and ... above shows the path information.

What did I click on that I should not have clicked on, what areas should I check? I looked at Wicki but did not see a path to success... :)

Thank You,

--Michael K5NOT

--
Michael Willett

[...]

[...]