3rd line in init code for SCS-tracker

macclad44@...

Hi, I noticed this:

<OpenCmd>^027~!!1</OpenCmd>
<OpenCmd>^064^075!!0</OpenCmd>
<CloseCmd>^192^255^192~!!1</CloseCmd>
<CloseCmd>^027~!!1</CloseCmd>

Julian, G4ILO

I get the escape, @K, but what does the third line do? It's part of closing the command but I don't really understand what a lower left box, no backspace, and lower left box (192,255,192) actually do?  Is there a reference somewhere that clarifies this? It's pretty crytpic to a noob like me.

Thanks.

Jeff
N7TTQ

Randy Love

Ancient Chinese secret command sequence to get a TNC to exit KISS mode.
Excerpt from KPC3 Owner's Manual.

Randy
WF5X

image.png

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM <macclad44@...> wrote:
Hi, I noticed this:

<OpenCmd>^027~!!1</OpenCmd>
<OpenCmd>^064^075!!0</OpenCmd>
<CloseCmd>^192^255^192~!!1</CloseCmd>
<CloseCmd>^027~!!1</CloseCmd>

Julian, G4ILO

I get the escape, @K, but what does the third line do? It's part of closing the command but I don't really understand what a lower left box, no backspace, and lower left box (192,255,192) actually do?  Is there a reference somewhere that clarifies this? It's pretty crytpic to a noob like me.

Thanks.

Jeff
N7TTQ

macclad44@...

Thanks Randy. All good.  But now.. I look at this code, and I'm missing something:
What Julian says:
While you're collecting commands for TNCs, here's what I use with the SCS Tracker/DSP TNC to get into KISS mods on start-up and out of it at shutdown:

<OpenCmd>^027~!!1</OpenCmd>
<OpenCmd>^064^075!!0</OpenCmd>
<CloseCmd>^192^255^192~!!1</CloseCmd>
<CloseCmd>^027~!!1</CloseCmd> "

OK wait, what?? He's entering kiss mode, then exiting it. Does this all happen at once?  Or does the OpenCmd say what it's going to send to the SCS on opening the port, and the CloseCmd is what it's going to send the SCS-tracker when closing the port? I presume this doesn't all happen in sequence at once because what would that accomplish?  It shows my unfamiliarity with the low level code here, but I presume OpenCmd makes Kiss turn on, a BUNCH of things happen that arent' shown here, and when that's ALLLLL done then you get out of Kiss mode with the commands issues for CloseCmd.  Is that right? I'm only demonstrating my noob-ness here.

Thanks.
Jeff

Randy Love

opencmd happen when you open the port  ( either explicitly opening the port or if it opens automatically at program startup )

closecmd happen when you close the port ( either explicitly closeing the port or by shutting down the program )

Randy
WF5X

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 6:01 PM <macclad44@...> wrote:
[...]

Got it.. so they're in completely separate portions of the program sequence tho listed together.  Thanks Randy!

Lynn Deffenbaugh

That's why they have different tags.

On 1/5/2021 7:41 PM, macclad44@... wrote:
Got it.. so they're in completely separate portions of the program sequence tho listed together.  Thanks Randy!

macclad44@...

Thanks.  Now when I start up APRSISCE, it seems to send a beacon or something out - and it's recognized because I'm a gateway on APRS.fi.  Is there a way to set a fixed station to beacon periodically or this that a no no?
And if so, how?
Jeff
N7TTQ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

In Configure / Beaconing / GeniusBeaconing check Time Only and set the Max Time to the number of minutes you want between beacons.

On 1/5/2021 9:49 PM, macclad44@... wrote:
Thanks.  Now when I start up APRSISCE, it seems to send a beacon or something out - and it's recognized because I'm a gateway on APRS.fi.  Is there a way to set a fixed station to beacon periodically or this that a no no?
And if so, how?
Jeff
N7TTQ

macclad44@...

Thank you Lynn, and thank you for your help all along with this process.  I am using a Micom 2E and I noticed with the initial beacon that occurs during program startup that the power level was super low (tho the transmitter and antenna are matched and running full power using my microphone as input).  It turns out that the cable from my SCS-tracker to the radio presumed singled ended input so the TXaudio+ and - inputs were only driven on one side, so the poor input circuit was just floppoing around. I ordered a 600:600 audio isolation transformer to fix it.

Thanks.
Jeff