Block specific ssid

rickvolle

Hello all,

how owe do you go about blocking a specific ssid.

Thanks

Rick
N9NWI

Lynn Deffenbaugh

RF or -IS?  On -IS, you can add -b/call-SSID which is a negated buddy filter.  On RF, there is no blocking.

Note that this doesn't block an -SSID, but a specific callsign-SSID.

On 10/22/2019 7:25 PM, rickvolle via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all,

how owe do you go about blocking a specific ssid.

Thanks

Rick
N9NWI

rickvolle

Thank you.  Another question then. I keep seeing a specific rfid that I need to unfollow. How do I do that?

On Oct 22, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

RF or -IS?  On -IS, you can add -b/call-SSID which is a negated buddy filter.  On RF, there is no blocking.

Note that this doesn't block an -SSID, but a specific callsign-SSID.

On 10/22/2019 7:25 PM, rickvolle via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all,

how owe do you go about blocking a specific ssid.

Thanks

Rick
N9NWI

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Please define "unfollow"?  I suspect you have configured a nickname that is set to bring up a MultiTrack or you told it to remember a MultiTrack when you closed it.

For the former (nickname), locate it and either delete it or remove the checkboxes on the automatic MultiTrack.

For the latter (remembered MultiTracks), simply close the MultiTrack and restart APRSIS32.  It will only re-remember it if the MultiTrack is open when you close APRSIS32.

On 10/22/2019 7:39 PM, rickvolle via Groups.Io wrote:
Thank you.  Another question then. I keep seeing a specific rfid that I need to unfollow. How do I do that?

On Oct 22, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

RF or -IS?  On -IS, you can add -b/call-SSID which is a negated buddy filter.  On RF, there is no blocking.

Note that this doesn't block an -SSID, but a specific callsign-SSID.

On 10/22/2019 7:25 PM, rickvolle via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all,

how owe do you go about blocking a specific ssid.

Thanks

Rick
N9NWI

rickvolle

Thank you Lynn. I’ll give it a try.

On Oct 22, 2019, at 8:26 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

[...]

R. Patrick Ryan

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 06:39 PM, rickvolle wrote:

-b/call
Question - would -b/call* command in Filters block all SSID from APRS-IS for a callsign?
There is one callsign sending a non APRS position that makes an altitude ring, not unlike a balloon or aircraft. Dang nuisance, and the position is off by a whole state!

Currently, all I can do is select and KILL from map when checking for balloons or aircraft to track with the MT feature.
Unfortunately, this station with multiple -SSIDs returns when it beacons again.

73 de Pat KC6VVT

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Yes, -b/call* will block all -SSIDs for the specified callsign. But again, only in the Additional Filter for the APRS-IS.  If you receive a packet via RF, it will be processed and displayed.

PS.  I'd like to know the specific station(s) so I can check them out if you don't mind.  Sending privately to KJ4ERJ@arrl.net is fine by me.