Time to move

g7uxw@...

Hi Group

Looking at the statement from Yahoo at the top of this screen, I belive its time to move over to groups.io....
Somewhere I read that there is a package that will move all content to groups.io

Food for thought

Kevin G7UXW

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Learn More

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Thanks for the heads-up.  I don't use the web interface and would have completely missed this.

Transfer to groups.io has been initiated.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

Adam Mahnke <kc2ant@...>

Are instructions going to be provided? I've never used groups.io and I don't use the web interface either.

Adam
Kc2ant

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:54:57 AM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Time to move

Thanks for the heads-up.  I don't use the web interface and would have completely missed this.

Don Poaps

You'll get an email with a link to join up. All files/messages are imported into IO group. Something like that

later 

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k           

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 4:20 AM Adam Mahnke kc2ant@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Are instructions going to be provided? I've never used groups.io and I don't use the web interface either.

Adam
Kc2ant

From: aprsisce@... <aprsisce@...> on behalf of kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...>
To: aprsisce@... <aprsisce@...>

David Shrum

Lynn KJ4ERJ,

I too don't use the web interface, no need to with my desktop PC. Is the group(S) being transferred to there and is it already created and are they the same names? It was easy for me to create an account there since I already have a couple of Gmail email addresses. Hopefully it allows you to download the emails sent to it like the email does. I haven't gone on beyond registering. I think I had better bookmark that page too while I'm thinking about it.

Dave N8PU

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:55 AM

David Shrum

I found the group, even found the link to join, clicked on it expecting it to open a place where I could input my call etc., it just sent the request to join, not what I was expecting, hum... Now my email address does have my call in it.

Dave N8PU

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: Time to move

You'll get an email with a link to join up. All files/messages are imported into IO group. Something like that

later 

Don Poaps

New Westminster, BC

VA7DGP DATA

VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

Subject://wl2k           

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 4:20 AM Adam Mahnke kc2ant@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Adam

Kc2ant

From: aprsisce@... <aprsisce@...> on behalf of kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...>
To: aprsisce@... <aprsisce@...>