Topics

Contact author for login and passwords??

vince83687@...

Hello my Name is Vince KD7TWW

Somewhere in the APRS ISCE software, it's asking me to contact someone for a Login and password for added or other features. I come across this every so often when I go into menus in the software. I forgot now where I have seen it?

Could I get further help with this request?

Vince 73

Eric Lorenz K9LGE

Hi Vince,

What it's probably asking for is your APRS-IS passcode. This is what authenticates you to the IS servers to allow your packets on the internet side. There are directions for each program on how to request a passcode- usually done through email.

Hope this helps!
73, Eric K9LGE

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, 10:35 PM vince83687@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Hello my Name is Vince KD7TWW

Somewhere in the APRS ISCE software, it's asking me to contact someone for a Login and password for added or other features. I come across this every so often when I go into menus in the software. I forgot now where I have seen it?

Could I get further help with this request?

Vince 73

vince83687@...

Eric
No, That is okay and entered. It's the login ________  password_________ I am asking for and about. I'll have to dig again and look for it and take a screenshot
Vince KD7TWW 73

Rob Giuliano

APRSIS32 has no such screen or place to enter.
When does that come up?

If you can grab a screen shot, that would help.

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 3:12:57 PM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Eric

No, That is okay and entered. It's the login ________  password_________ I am asking for and about. I'll have to dig again and look for it and take a screenshot
Vince KD7TWW 73

Mike Heskett WB5QLD

APRS.FI requires a logon to do some things like look at raw packets. Could that be what Vince, KD7TWW, is seeing?

Michael Heskett

WB5QLD

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 3:12:57 PM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Eric

No, That is okay and entered. It's the login ________  password_________ I am asking for and about. I'll have to dig again and look for it and take a screenshot

Vince KD7TWW 73

vince <vince83687@...>

@Robert KB8RCO

When it comes up again I'll def take a screen shot!
73

- In the movie Contact, what was Ellie's callsign?
73 Vince: ":>) KD7TWW Formerly KJ7EUG
Thank you for your reply...

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 6:47 PM Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

APRSIS32 has no such screen or place to enter.
When does that come up?

If you can grab a screen shot, that would help.

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 3:12:57 PM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Eric

No, That is okay and entered. It's the login ________  password_________ I am asking for and about. I'll have to dig again and look for it and take a screenshot
Vince KD7TWW 73

vince <vince83687@...>

@Michael Heskett WB5QLD

It might be! Maybe I am seeing things again?! LOL
When it comes up again I'll grab a screenshot and post! LOL
TY

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 7:22 PM 'Michael Heskett' wb5qld@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

APRS.FI requires a logon to do some things like look at raw packets. Could that be what Vince, KD7TWW, is seeing?

Michael Heskett

WB5QLD

APRSIS32 has no such screen or place to enter.

When does that come up?

If you can grab a screen shot, that would help.

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 3:12:57 PM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Eric

No, That is okay and entered. It's the login ________  password_________ I am asking for and about. I'll have to dig again and look for it and take a screenshot

Vince KD7TWW 73

vince83687@...

Hello all!
This has been resolved and closed now. Thanks too all for the attention to this request!
Wrong software author and program had to do really about nothing.
I am thinking of registering this program but have looked how to send funds for registration and I come up empty on that front.
Gday
73
Vince

Lynn Deffenbaugh

For the record, there is no charge for APRSISCE/32 and no "funds" required for registration.  I believe (hope) that Vince was referring to some other program that requires "funds for registration."

On 9/22/2019 1:55 AM, vince83687@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hello all!
This has been resolved and closed now. Thanks too all for the attention to this request!
Wrong software author and program had to do really about nothing.
I am thinking of registering this program but have looked how to send funds for registration and I come up empty on that front.
Gday
73
Vince

Rob Giuliano

To Quote Lynn (the author):
"For the record, there is no charge for APRSISCE/32 and no "funds" required for registration.  ..."

Since (if) you have it installed, just use it.  We hope you will stay a member of the Yahoo group and add to the discussions.  It is a good group with lots of general APRS Q/A as well as APRSIS32 discussions.

Welcome to the group.

On Sunday, September 22, 2019, 1:58:11 AM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Hello all!

This has been resolved and closed now. Thanks too all for the attention to this request!
Wrong software author and program had to do really about nothing.
I am thinking of registering this program but have looked how to send funds for registration and I come up empty on that front.
Gday
73
Vince

vince <vince83687@...>

@Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Lynn, that's good to know now. I like your soft over others. I will run this over a laptop and hopefully be able to use a USB Satellite recvr. It's good to know
Thanks, Lynn for your understanding
---