Topics

Contact author for login and passwords??

vince83687@...

Hello my Name is Vince KD7TWW

Somewhere in the APRS ISCE software, it's asking me to contact someone for a Login and password for added or other features. I come across this every so often when I go into menus in the software. I forgot now where I have seen it?

Could I get further help with this request?

Vince 73 

Eric Lorenz K9LGE

Hi Vince,

What it's probably asking for is your APRS-IS passcode. This is what authenticates you to the IS servers to allow your packets on the internet side. There are directions for each program on how to request a passcode- usually done through email.

Hope this helps!
73, Eric K9LGE

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, 10:35 PM vince83687@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Hello my Name is Vince KD7TWW

Somewhere in the APRS ISCE software, it's asking me to contact someone for a Login and password for added or other features. I come across this every so often when I go into menus in the software. I forgot now where I have seen it?

Could I get further help with this request?

Vince 73 

vince83687@...

Eric
No, That is okay and entered. It's the login ________  password_________ I am asking for and about. I'll have to dig again and look for it and take a screenshot
Vince KD7TWW 73

Rob Giuliano

APRSIS32 has no such screen or place to enter.
When does that come up?

If you can grab a screen shot, that would help.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 3:12:57 PM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Eric

No, That is okay and entered. It's the login ________  password_________ I am asking for and about. I'll have to dig again and look for it and take a screenshot
Vince KD7TWW 73

Mike Heskett WB5QLD

APRS.FI requires a logon to do some things like look at raw packets. Could that be what Vince, KD7TWW, is seeing?

Michael Heskett

WB5QLD

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:47 PM
To: vince83687@... [aprsisce] Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: Contact author for login and passwords??

When does that come up?

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 3:12:57 PM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Eric

Vince KD7TWW 73

vince <vince83687@...>

@Robert KB8RCO

When it comes up again I'll def take a screen shot!

- In the movie Contact, what was Ellie's callsign?
73 Vince: ":>) KD7TWW Formerly KJ7EUG
Thank you for your reply...

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 6:47 PM Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

When does that come up?

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 3:12:57 PM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Eric

Vince KD7TWW 73

vince <vince83687@...>

@Michael Heskett WB5QLD

It might be! Maybe I am seeing things again?! LOL
When it comes up again I'll grab a screenshot and post! LOL
TY

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 7:22 PM 'Michael Heskett' wb5qld@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

APRS.FI requires a logon to do some things like look at raw packets. Could that be what Vince, KD7TWW, is seeing?

Michael Heskett

WB5QLD

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:47 PM
To: vince83687@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...>
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: Contact author for login and passwords??

When does that come up?

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

Eric

Vince KD7TWW 73

vince83687@...

Hello all!
This has been resolved and closed now. Thanks too all for the attention to this request!
Wrong software author and program had to do really about nothing.
I am thinking of registering this program but have looked how to send funds for registration and I come up empty on that front.
Gday
Vince

Lynn Deffenbaugh

For the record, there is no charge for APRSISCE/32 and no "funds" required for registration.  I believe (hope) that Vince was referring to some other program that requires "funds for registration."

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 9/22/2019 1:55 AM, vince83687@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hello all!
This has been resolved and closed now. Thanks too all for the attention to this request!
I am thinking of registering this program but have looked how to send funds for registration and I come up empty on that front.
Gday
Vince

Rob Giuliano

To Quote Lynn (the author): 
"For the record, there is no charge for APRSISCE/32 and no "funds" required for registration.  ..."

Since (if) you have it installed, just use it.  We hope you will stay a member of the Yahoo group and add to the discussions.  It is a good group with lots of general APRS Q/A as well as APRSIS32 discussions.

Welcome to the group.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

On Sunday, September 22, 2019, 1:58:11 AM EDT, vince83687@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Hello all!

Gday
Vince

vince <vince83687@...>

@Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Lynn, that's good to know now. I like your soft over others. I will run this over a laptop and hopefully be able to use a USB Satellite recvr. It's good to know
Thanks, Lynn for your understanding 
---

- In the movie Contact, what was Ellie's callsign?

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 6:58 AM 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

For the record, there is no charge for APRSISCE/32 and no "funds" required for registration.  I believe (hope) that Vince was referring to some other program that requires "funds for registration."

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 9/22/2019 1:55 AM, vince83687@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hello all!
Gday
Vince