Topics

New Kenwood TM-D710GA

Bob KD7YZ <kd7yz@...>

I require some D710GA mentoring in order to get the "best/most" out of APRSIS32 here.

Thanks to Randy KAØAZS, I have in front of me the :

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/port:kenwood-tm-d710

page.

That read, I still do not believe I have cabling correct no APRSIS32 settings right.

I have the DB9 to a RadioShack like DB9 to USB connector into the radio "COM socket. This produces Com9 at 19200 baud.

I have the programming cable from RT systems (gray) into a"PC" and that USB plugs into, or results in, Com15 also at 19200 B.

The rig came with a plug whic ONLY would plug into radio DATA socket. That one has a green and a purple(like) 3-pole plug. I have not plugged it in cuz I simply am too dumb to know where it should reside.

My lashup allows me to occasionally send out a strange beacon containing info about battery charging. Nonetheless, I am 'beaconing' and it show up on FindU and APRS.

My 'beaconing' screenshot shows the Hose Symbol dead-center, which is where I am (fwiw).

My goal, after u optimize my lashup, is to let PstRotator trACK SOME OF THE APRS SATELLITES. A WEEK AGO AND BEFORE THE NEW kENWO0OD, i WAS GRABBING TO OCCASIONAL PACKET FROM bRICSAT AND iss ETc.

thanks for the help Lads.

This is important to me as I am a wee bit laid-up ... which willl no doubt cost me a couple months sanity ... thus getting this to work and thus entertain my mind will be a large relief to XYL and me.

PS .. hope screenshots (3) can pass through here.
--
73
Bob KD7YZ

kd7yz@...

The email tells me three jpegs “were” sent.
What is property procedure to attach pix via the email route?