Topics

Blocking DSTAR, DMR, WinLink from the map

Arnold Harding. - KQ6DI

[I changed the subject line.]

I have the following in my "Add Filter" line of Configure -> General.

-u/APBM*/APDG*/APWL*/APJI*

This blocks DMR, DStar, Winlink and something I can't remember at the moment (JI) from appearing on the map.  It doesn't catch every one, so I could do more fine tuning, but it stops enough that I just get APRS items on the APRS screen.

Arnold, KQ6DI

On August 1, 2019 at 3:11 PM "w4gcw@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Lynn,

  Here is a copy of my error file attempting to block DSTAR stations from showing  on my map.
 Are there any other options you can suggest I try?  Am I missing something in the format? I
 appreciate your help.

 2019-07-30T16:16:12.369 Parsing
2019-07-30T16:16:12.369 Parsing -s//a/DW
2019-07-30T16:31:11.428 Parsing
2019-08-01T19:52:11.943 Parsing -b/DSTAR*
2019-08-01T19:59:49.523 Parsing -b/#D
2019-08-01T20:25:27.846 Parsing -b/Da
2019-08-01T20:53:28.308 Parsing -b/D&
2019-08-01T21:28:29.347 Parsing -sDa
2019-08-01T21:28:29.347 Filter Error:Piece(-sDa) missing / as second character
2019-08-01T21:29:01.127 Parsing -s/Da

73, Don
W4GCW

Gurdon Wolfe

Arnold and Lynn,
  Thank you both for responding. The reason it wasn't working for me was because
I was adding the filter under Configure->Scroller->Filter vs Configure->General
->Filter. I've added the filters and it seems to be working.
73, Don
W4GCW

  Photoalbum/Logos/ARRL logo lg
Proud member since 1982

Where am I? Click link below.
https://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FW4GCW-9&timerange=3600&tail=3600

On August 1, 2019 at 3:11 PM "w4gcw@... [aprsisce]" wrote:

Lynn,

  Here is a copy of my error file attempting to block DSTAR stations from showing  on my map.
 Are there any other options you can suggest I try?  Am I missing something in the format? I
 appreciate your help.

 2019-07-30T16:16:12.369 Parsing
2019-07-30T16:16:12.369 Parsing -s//a/DW
2019-07-30T16:31:11.428 Parsing
2019-08-01T19:52:11.943 Parsing -b/DSTAR*
2019-08-01T19:59:49.523 Parsing -b/#D
2019-08-01T20:25:27.846 Parsing -b/Da
2019-08-01T20:53:28.308 Parsing -b/D&
2019-08-01T21:28:29.347 Parsing -sDa
2019-08-01T21:28:29.347 Filter Error:Piece(-sDa) missing / as second character
2019-08-01T21:29:01.127 Parsing -s/Da

73, Don
W4GCW

JD Delancy

So there's a way to block something unwanted.  can the configure/general/filter be constructed to reject a specific station?

   jd

Arnold Harding. - KQ6DI

Yes, you can block a specific station AND D-Star, etc, but it can only be done with data/stations coming from the APRS-IS servers.  For example, I have this in my Client Configuration, Add Filter:

-b/KJ6DZB-3 -u/APBM*/APDG*/APWL*/APJI*

So this stops KJ6DZB-3 as well as D-Star, etc., but anything heard on RF will not be stopped.  So in this example, KJ6DZB-3 also transmits on RF, and I hear probably 99% of his transmissions on RF, so this filter will NOT stop that station.

Arnold, KQ6DI

On August 3, 2019 at 8:03 AM "JD Delancy w1jd@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...> wrote:

So there's a way to block something unwanted.  can the configure/general/filter be constructed to reject a specific station?

   jd

Lynn Deffenbaugh

That is the filter for what you receive from the APRS-IS.  It does not affect RF receptions at all.  See also:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:automatic-filters

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/aprs-is-filters

http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSFilter.aspx