Topics

RSGB: Stop the 2 Meter Band (144-146MHz) being taken away from Radio

Michael Wright

I first heard about this loss on QRZ, also includes 1240 MHz,
https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/144-and-1240-mhz-bands-%E2%80%93-rsgb-information.663438/

My initial impression is very little concern, if it was HF spectrum then that thread would be pages long. In the big picture I can see VHF being allocated to other users, very little traffic on the 2-meter band though 144.39 is very busy. On the other hand most wireless users have little interest in spectrum below 500 MHz (i.e. 5G with all the highspeed data).

Mike K6MFW

Lester Marshall

This sounds more like a “SIGN IN TO RECEIVE FREE ROBOCALLS FOR LIFE” deal.

Just like the sign up to win a free car deals they used to have at the local malls.  Someone won the car ok, but all of them gave away their personal information to an ad agency who sold them as mailing lists back before the internet.

As Robert Heinlein said, “There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.”

Sent from Mail for Windows 10