Selecting a transmit path.

Steve Galbraith

Hello All,

I have to apologist, I have not been back to this group in some time. Life got in the way. I am a long time aprs user. I used ui-view for many years but it can not be upgraded any longer. We use aprs in the field for many things from search and rescue to marathons ect. I enjoy aprsis32 . Great software.!! I would like to be able to select the path for a message sent to another station. For instance if I want to send a message direct to another station who is close by or if we are in the field off the aprs network. Is there a chance that this may be implemented in the future?

Sincerely,

Steve Galbraith   KB7ITU

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Short answer:  Yes.

Longer answer:  You can this already by simply changing the Configure / Beacon / Path to whatever you want.  You just have to remember to change it back when the QSO is over.

Yes, I know it would be simpler to have a per-chat path specification.  It will come eventually,