What is "sound" used for in APRSIS32?

Gordon Skiffington

Per the subject but specifically does APRSIS32 have the capability to synthetically voice spots or more importantly messages (such as in UI-View or
Xastir) - great for keeping eyes on the road while still monitoring selected APRS traffic and messages.    Thanks - Gord VE1AJF-9

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Negative.  Sorry.

On 5/27/2019 1:56 PM, gskiffing@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Per the subject but specifically does APRSIS32 have the capability to synthetically voice spots or more importantly messages (such as in UI-View or
Xastir) - great for keeping eyes on the road while still monitoring selected APRS traffic and messages.    Thanks - Gord VE1AJF-9

Fred Hillhouse

Sound doesn’t seem to do much of anything. At least I have never found anything.

Fred N7FMH

Per the subject but specifically does APRSIS32 have the capability to synthetically voice spots or more importantly messages (such as in UI-View or
Xastir) - great for keeping eyes on the road while still monitoring selected APRS traffic and messages.    Thanks - Gord VE1AJF-9

Greg Depew

I believe sound is the dings etc when you have windows sound turned on and you receive a message or have a port error.

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone