Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

shoan butler

Has any ran an hd1 on this system and how did you get it to work if you did. I've been trying for days and gotten nowhere.

Rob Giuliano

with a key comment:
 *There is a GPS version of this radio, but it doesn’t look to be very helpful and does not have APRS capability built in.

It appears that if you want to use this radio for APRS, you will need an external TNC

On Saturday, April 20, 2019, 1:24:33 PM EDT, shoan butler kn4txm@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Has any ran an hd1 on this system and how did you get it to work if you did. I've been trying for days and gotten nowhere.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What exactly are you trying to do with the HD1 and APRSISCE/32?

This does not appear to be an APRS radio, nor does it contain a TNC. And I don't readily see any way to get the GPS information out of the radio to a PC.

From what I read, it appears that the radio can send GPS data to another HD1, but I'm not sure about that.  I may have read about some work to port position information from a DMR repeater to the APRS-IS similar to D-PRS, but I'm not even sure of that recollection.

On 4/20/2019 1:12 PM, shoan butler kn4txm@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Has any ran an hd1 on this system and how did you get it to work if you did. I've been trying for days and gotten nowhere.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I did find the following pages, but you need more than just the radio to make it work.

https://groups.io/g/APRS-CANADA/message/4

http://mrickey.com/2016/04/brandmeister-setting-up-gps/

On 4/20/2019 1:50 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:

What exactly are you trying to do with the HD1 and APRSISCE/32?

This does not appear to be an APRS radio, nor does it contain a TNC. And I don't readily see any way to get the GPS information out of the radio to a PC.

From what I read, it appears that the radio can send GPS data to another HD1, but I'm not sure about that.  I may have read about some work to port position information from a DMR repeater to the APRS-IS similar to D-PRS, but I'm not even sure of that recollection.

On 4/20/2019 1:12 PM, shoan butler kn4txm@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Has any ran an hd1 on this system and how did you get it to work if you did. I've been trying for days and gotten nowhere.

RC Anderson, Ph.D. KH6B

I have 2 of the Ailunce HD1 radios, although they do have GPS built in, they do not have APRS built into them.

RC
WH6FQE

shoan butler

Ok good deal. Are you talking about a AGW packet pro kinda set up?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I did find the following pages, but you need more than just the radio to make it work.

https://groups.io/g/APRS-CANADA/message/4

http://mrickey.com/2016/04/brandmeister-setting-up-gps/

On 4/20/2019 1:50 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:

What exactly are you trying to do with the HD1 and APRSISCE/32?

This does not appear to be an APRS radio, nor does it contain a TNC. And I don't readily see any way to get the GPS information out of the radio to a PC.

From what I read, it appears that the radio can send GPS data to another HD1, but I'm not sure about that.  I may have read about some work to port position information from a DMR repeater to the APRS-IS similar to D-PRS, but I'm not even sure of that recollection.

On 4/20/2019 1:12 PM, shoan butler kn4txm@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Has any ran an hd1 on this system and how did you get it to work if you did. I've been trying for days and gotten nowhere.

shoan butler

I was really trying to get the radio to transmit real time tracking on my aprs

Sent from Mail for Windows 10