2 beacons being generated

Yatharth Verma

Hi!
When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I checked aprs.fi's raw packets for VU3NUF and do not see the telemetry (2nd) packet.  Where are you seeing this packet and for what station?

If it is in a trace log, it may be shown as (Int) which means an internal packet that is not currently being transmitted anywhere outside the client.

Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog.

On 11/28/2018 3:05 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF

Mr Crane Vo1um

Is there a filter or a setting someone could post all I want to see on the map is the international space station.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 8:35 AM 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

[...]

Robert Bruninga

That is the telemetry beacon.

When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma

VU3NUF

Lynn Deffenbaugh

The ISS by itself doesn't beacon a location so it won't appear on the map.  However, I inject an ISS object every 2 minutes showing the orbital location of the ISS and the estimated RF footprint.  To see just this object, you would set your Configure / General / Range to zero (to not get things close to you) and Configure / General / Add Filter to o/ISS*.  (without the dot)  The * is necessary because the object filter expects 9 character object names.

Unfortunately, there are some stations that will sometimes inject an ISS-prefixed object that you may also see on your map until they time out.

Now, if by "...on the map is the ISS" you mean stations that have successfully been digipeated by the ISS, that's a question with a different answer.

On 11/28/2018 8:39 AM, VO1UM ed.vo1um@... [aprsisce] wrote:
[...]

Hi Lynn/Robert,
I am seeing this packet in the APRS-IS packet stream window (print screen attached) for my primary station VU3NUF.

'Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog' - I have disabled the telemetry option both in Enables-->Telemetry Enabled and Ports-->APRS-IS (print screen attached) but this beacon is still showing up in the APRS-IS stream window.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF