Topics

Mobile Tracker & Mobile I-Gate in Tandem

Victor Watkins, KB5AKO

I have a mobile tracker and a mobile I-gate hooked up to a laptop in my vehicle using aprsis32 and a TT4. How do I set the mobile igate location to automatically follow where my tracker is? Currently, I have to set it to a fixed location. But, I want the I-gate location to follow my vehicle tracker location. How do I do this?

Victor, KB5AKO

Adam Mahnke

Where is the GPS hooked up? 

You either need to use APRSIS32 to run everything through the tt4 with the GPS hooked up to the laptop

Or

Have beaconing turned off on APRSIS32 and have the GPS pass through from the tt4 to the software.

There should be some documentation on the wiki about how to do that

I've done what you're trying with a D710 successfully for quite some time.

Adam
Kc2ant

From: aprsisce@... on behalf of Victor Watkins kb5ako@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:12:08 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: [aprsisce] Mobile Tracker & Mobile I-Gate in Tandem

I have a mobile tracker and a mobile I-gate hooked up to a laptop in my vehicle using aprsis32 and a TT4. How do I set the mobile igate location to automatically follow where my tracker is? Currently, I have to set it to a fixed location. But, I want the I-gate location to follow my vehicle tracker location. How do I do this?

Victor, KB5AKO

Rob Giuliano

Assuming your TT4 has a GPS connected, you need to pass the GPS data through the TT4 the computer port, then tell APRSISce/32 (APRSIS32) to look for the GPS data.

Assuming the A-port is connected to the APRSIS32 computer and the TT4 is in KISS mode to communicate with APRSIS32, the TT4 settings needed:
  AMODE KISS
  ABAUD 19200
  GKRelay 8        (any value > 0 will work)

Now in APRSIS32, you need to open the Port you are connected to.
From Menu >Configure >Ports >TT4 (or the name you used)
  Now check the box next to "GPS/NMEA" to tell the app GPS data is there.
Next Enable using that GPS:
  Menu > Enables >GPS Enabled

You should see list of satellites across the bottom and the box at the top left with GPS information.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:22 PM
Subject: [aprsisce] Mobile Tracker & Mobile I-Gate in Tandem

Victor, KB5AKO

Victor Watkins, KB5AKO

All I had to do was to set GKRelay to 8. It was a zero. Thank you very much. What is the significance of the numerical designator for GKRelay?

Victor, KB5AKO

Rob Giuliano

That number corresponds to the KISS protocol stream.

This is similar to a dual radio port communicating with KISS where one stream is one radio port and the other radio port on another stream. 

If I recall, stream 0 is the standard communication stream in the TT4.  So, if set to zero and used, it would interfere with the KISS RF data.  The TT4 then uses this setting as an "ignore this".  When set to any other value (1,2,...) it will send the data on that stream and the attached device (computer) can handle the data as an additional data stream.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Mobile Tracker & Mobile I-Gate in Tandem

All I had to do was to set GKRelay to 8. It was a zero. Thank you very much. What is the significance of the numerical designator for GKRelay?

Victor, KB5AKO

Rob Giuliano

I don't remember if you originally cross posted or not, but ...

If you post specific questions on the TT4 and how it works in the TT4 Yahoo group, Byon (Byonics) or Allen (vhsproducts) provide great feedback.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

To: "aprsisce@..." Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:36 PM

That number corresponds to the KISS protocol stream.

This is similar to a dual radio port communicating with KISS where one stream is one radio port and the other radio port on another stream. 

If I recall, stream 0 is the standard communication stream in the TT4.  So, if set to zero and used, it would interfere with the KISS RF data.  The TT4 then uses this setting as an "ignore this".  When set to any other value (1,2,...) it will send the data on that stream and the attached device (computer) can handle the data as an additional data stream.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:50 PM

Victor, KB5AKO