Topics

PSAT NO-84

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Well, Hide UnChecked is working, it's just... shall we say... obtuse?

What I do to reduce my list is to first let everything show up.  Then, for each satellite I do NOT want to see, I toggle once through the cycle of checkbox options and then stop the next time when it is completely de-selected.  It's kind of like spinning a combination lock before starting the combination.

Once I've done that with all of the visible satellites (the list is longer than the screen and I haven't added a scroll-bar yet), hide the unchecked ones again and wait a few hours.  Once you have more unwanted satellites showing up that are going to have a pass within an hour or two, you can repeat the above instructions until finally you have them all unchecked except for the one(s) you really want to see.

Or just add an o/ISS*/PSAT* filter term and live with once every two minute updates from the objects that SATSRV flies 24x7 (except when my server or Internet goes out).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/2/2017 3:51 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi Lynn,, I want to let you know that I followed your instructions and was successful adding NO-84 to the Satellite Details List. You weren't kidding when you warned me how many satellites would be added. There are so many now that the HIDE UnChecked option isn't working.Once again thank you for all your help.

Tom, N2UFM

Thomas Testa

Hi Lynn,, I want to let you know that I followed your instructions and was successful adding NO-84 to the Satellite Details List. You weren't kidding when you warned me how many satellites would be added. There are so many now that the HIDE UnChecked option isn't working.Once again thank you for all your help.

Tom, N2UFM

Lynn Deffenbaugh

The Satellite Details window should have a menu that would allow you to add additional TLE information.  Mine looks like:

And I'm using the following 3 URLs, but be careful, I've got LOTS of Satellites listed!

NO-84 is in the nasabare.txt from amsat, IIRC.

On 5/1/2017 10:18 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Yes Lynn that's the list I am referring to

------------------------------------
Posted by: tmtlu3@...

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aprsisce/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aprsisce/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    aprsisce-digest@... 
    aprsisce-fullfeatured@...

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    aprsisce-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
    https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

Thomas Testa

Yes Lynn that's the list I am referring to

Thomas Testa

Lololol..I am sorry Lynn I don't mean to confuse you. Yes I am referring to that list.

On May 1, 2017, at 8:32 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Ok, now you have me confused.  Exactly what are you referring to as the "Satellite Details list"?  Is that the one you get from typing Control-O (for Orbits)?

On 5/1/2017 7:46 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi Lynn , I wasn't given an option on what TEL file to load. I set the filters to the recommendations in wikidot.com / Satellite operations:b/RS0ISS*/W3ADO-1/ARISS d/RS0ISS*/W3ADO-1/ARISS.  I have added 
 o/PSAT* to the end of the string as per instructions but still do no see PSAT on the Satellite Details list.

Thank You, Tom
                                                                                                       N2UFM

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Ok, now you have me confused.  Exactly what are you referring to as the "Satellite Details list"?  Is that the one you get from typing Control-O (for Orbits)?

On 5/1/2017 7:46 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi Lynn , I wasn't given an option on what TEL file to load. I set the filters to the recommendations in wikidot.com / Satellite operations:b/RS0ISS*/W3ADO-1/ARISS d/RS0ISS*/W3ADO-1/ARISS.  I have added 
 o/PSAT* to the end of the string as per instructions but still do no see PSAT on the Satellite Details list.

Thank You, Tom
                                                                                                       N2UFM

Thomas Testa

Thank You, Tom
                                                                                                       N2UFM

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What satellites you see depends on the TLE file that you loaded.  If NO-84 is included in your TLE, you should see it in your Satellite Details window.

NO-84 is supported by SATSRV (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:satsrv answering to NO84, NO-84, and PSAT) and there's an object called PSAT "flying" in the APRS-IS showing this APRS-capable satellite.  Just add o/PSAT* to your Add Filter terms.  or o/PSAT*/ISS* to see both the PSAT and the ISS.

On 4/30/2017 1:42 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Is there a way to add the ParkinsonSAT (PSAT NO-84) to the Satellite Details list in APRSISCE? It is listed as active and APRS capable.

Thomas Testa

Is there a way to add the ParkinsonSAT (PSAT NO-84) to the Satellite Details list in APRSISCE? It is listed as active and APRS capable.