From: "'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]"
To: Eric H ; APRSISCE Group
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 9:01 PM
Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Passcode for APRSISCE/32.

These types of questions are best asked in the APRSISCE Yahoo group where there are lots of people with about as many different configurations, but in any case the first question will be to ask you to completely describe your configuration.
What callsign-SSID is your APRSISCE/32 running under?
What radio?
What TNC?
What connection to the TNC?  Native serial, USB-Serial, Bluetooth?
What port type in APRSISCE/32?
Does it show as OK in the upper left corner (or possibly top center)?
Do you see any * on the entries in the packet scroller?  * indicates the packet was received from an RF port.
If you double-click the narrow bar just to the right of the map, what does it say for the various station types?  For instance, my IGate shows:
Close Stations

29 via RF (6 Direct 18 Local)
IStoRF: 2 hops in 30 minutes
You really don't need to turn off your APRS-IS connection to see if you're getting anything from RF.  Just select View / None followed by View / RF / All and see if anything shows up on the map.
Oh, and the View / RF submenu entries should show the same counts as the Close Stations popup.

On 4/24/2017 3:22 PM, Eric H wrote:
Lynn:

Thanks for the passcode and for APRSIS32.  I am enjoying playing with packet radio via APRSIS32 and it has heightened my interest in ham radio greatly.

One issue I seem to be having is with RF only signals.  I live in the Raleigh, NC area where there seems to be a fair amount of packet traffic on 144.390.

3 days ago I turned off my internet connection just to see how APRSIS32 worked with just local RF traffic.  Nothing.  I see my station.  I can find my station on APRS.fi.  But, no other stations are being decoded even though I can see that packets are being received on my TNC.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Eric KM4RDE

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <KJ4ERJ@...> wrote:
Passcode for KM4RDE is .

This password will work for any -SSID (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ ssids) you choose to use.  Because it is actually the APRS-IS network password, it should also work with other APRS-IS client software.

On 3/23/2017 11:56 AM, Eric H wrote:
I am looking to get on APRSISCE/32 using an SCS Tracker.  My Call sign is KM4RDE.

Kindest regards,

--
Eric

Eric Halber
ephalber@...
919-491-8641

NOTICE: This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this communication and/or shred the materials and any attachments and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

--
Eric

Eric Halber
ephalber@...
919-491-8641

NOTICE: This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this communication and/or shred the materials and any attachments and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

Bob Howard <bobby.o.howard@...>

Yes got it to load. Now I will attempt to connect a yard from 350 and receive local aprs from our ht's. Have gotten busy with other life problems for now.

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone

I don't remember seeing any additional questions.  Did you get your system up and running?