Aprs fi beacon

Matthew Esposito

Iv been playing around with google aprs and aprs fi on my iPhone and I can't seem to get the aprs fi beacon to show up on aprsisce. And suggestions would be great

Matthew R. Esposito

Greg D

I believe I heard that the iPhone app is only integrated with aprs.fi, and doesn't actually forward information to the aprs-is internet system itself (where aprsisce, other applications, and iGates to RF would find it).  There was a thread on it here recently, if I recall correctly.

Greg  KO6TH

Matthew Esposito matthewr.esposito@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Iv been playing around with google aprs and aprs fi on my iPhone and I can't seem to get the aprs fi beacon to show up on aprsisce. And suggestions would be great

Matthew R. Esposito

Lynn Deffenbaugh

The aprs.fi iPhone app is just what it says it is, an aprs.fi application. Beacons from it only show up on the aprs.fi but NOT on the APRS-IS proper. You'll only see users of this app on the aprs.fi web site.

On 3/14/2017 7:43 PM, Matthew Esposito matthewr.esposito@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Iv been playing around with google aprs and aprs fi on my iPhone and I can't seem to get the aprs fi beacon to show up on aprsisce. And suggestions would be great

Matthew R. Esposito

------------------------------------
Posted by: Matthew Esposito <matthewr.esposito@...>
------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Arnold Harding - KQ6DI

The iPhone aprs.fi app does not send the data to any of the APRS servers except aprs.fi.
I understand that is a plan, but not yet.

Arnold
KQ6DI

Iv been playing around with google aprs and aprs fi on my iPhone and I can't seem to get the aprs fi beacon to show up on aprsisce. And suggestions would be great

Matthew R. Esposito

Matthew Esposito

Make sense now thanks for the quick reply!!

Matthew R. Esposito