APRSISCE PASS CODE

Thomas Testa

Can someone please tell me how to get a pass code fro the program. I have sent multiple emails but still haven't heard back from anyone

Steve

your name and Ham Radio Call sign are required before we can issue a passcode

regards

Steve,  kf6wax

--
73,
Steve, KF6WAX

Robert G Chimel, WA3LWR

If you find one, please let me know too.

On Mar 13, 2017, at 7:53 PM, Steve kf6wax@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

your name and Ham Radio Call sign are required before we can issue a passcode

regards

Steve,  kf6wax

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to get a pass code fro the program. I have sent multiple emails but still haven't heard back from anyone

--
73,
Steve, KF6WAX

Steve

There are no outstanding requests for passcodes or any other request for that matter at this time

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Robert G Chimel wa3lwr@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

If you find one, please let me know too.

On Mar 13, 2017, at 7:53 PM, Steve kf6wax@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

your name and Ham Radio Call sign are required before we can issue a passcode

regards

Steve,  kf6wax

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to get a pass code fro the program. I have sent multiple emails but still haven't heard back from anyone

--
73,
Steve, KF6WAX

--
73,
Steve, KF6WAX

Mr Crane Vo1um

this is what you need pretty sure...      http://www.apritch.co.uk/uiv32_uiview32.php?lang=english

Amateur Radio Operator
VO1UM VO1EHC
APRS -9 -1 -2 -3
IRLP  447.500  St John's 146.300 Spaniards Bay both simplex.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Steve kf6wax@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

your name and Ham Radio Call sign are required before we can issue a passcode

regards

Steve,  kf6wax

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to get a pass code fro the program. I have sent multiple emails but still haven't heard back from anyone

--
73,
Steve, KF6WAX

Fred Hillhouse

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:passcode

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Can someone please tell me how to get a pass code fro the program. I have sent multiple emails but still haven't heard back from anyone

Steve

That link is for users of Uiview!!!

The correct link is the one that Fred posted a short while ago....

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 5:15 PM, VO1UM ed.vo1um@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

[...]

JoAnn Donaldson

Here is the link to the APRS Passcode Generator.

JoAnn Donaldson
AB8YZ

On Monday, March 13, 2017 8:22 PM, "VO1UM ed.vo1um@... [aprsisce]" wrote:

this is what you need pretty sure...      http://www.apritch.co.uk/uiv32_uiview32.php?lang=english

Amateur Radio Operator
VO1UM VO1EHC
APRS -9 -1 -2 -3
IRLP  447.500  St John's 146.300 Spaniards Bay both simplex.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Steve kf6wax@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

your name and Ham Radio Call sign are required before we can issue a passcode

regards

Steve,  kf6wax

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to get a pass code fro the program. I have sent multiple emails but still haven't heard back from anyone

--
73,
Steve, KF6WAX

Greg D

Please don't encourage this "service".  It bypasses the necessary verification of a ham's license status, which opens us (amateur radio) up to potential abuse and a regulatory "fix".

Fred's link was the correct one.

Greg  KO6TH

JoAnn Donaldson joannplano2005@... [aprsisce] wrote:

[...]

that link will get u what u want.. just fill in the information.. trust me it will get u your passcode.

On Monday, March 13, 2017 8:22 PM, "VO1UM ed.vo1um@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...> wrote:

this is what you need pretty sure...      http://www.apritch.co.uk/uiv32_uiview32.php?lang=english

Amateur Radio Operator
VO1UM VO1EHC
APRS -9 -1 -2 -3
IRLP  447.500  St John's 146.300 Spaniards Bay both simplex.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Steve kf6wax@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

your name and Ham Radio Call sign are required before we can issue a passcode

regards

Steve,  kf6wax

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM, tmtlu3@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to get a pass code fro the program. I have sent multiple emails but still haven't heard back from anyone

--
73,
Steve, KF6WAX

Fred Hillhouse

Do not post links to online generators.
  • Authors, YOU are responsible for issuing passcodes to amateur radio operators ONLY. Do not make this available in an ondemand fashion nor point your software users to someone else.
Please read fifth bullet regarding who is responsible for passcodes.

http://www.aprs-is.net/Default.aspx

[...]

i got both my passwords from that link and got them in no time. flat and they worked on both calls for all aprs software..

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Greg D ko6th.greg@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

[...]

Greg Depew

The point is not whether they work or not, it's the fact that the authors of the aprs programs are supposed to verify that you are an authorized person (ie. A ham).

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

[...]

David Shrum

I have a question, doesn't anyone know how to edit emails, you should do that before you send out warnings about such things, all you are doing is providing another opportunity in case they missed it the first time. I too shared a link in the past but was strongly shown OFF LIST why things like that shouldn't be done. I understand why, but I'm guessing that some of the moderators would if they reply on the list that they would edit out the link to at least do their part in not furthering the said offense. If it wasn't the moderators that chimed it then whoever did, use a little common sense and edit.

Dave N8PU

No I'm just one of the members of this group, a no body.

Please don't encourage this "service".  It bypasses the necessary verification of a ham's license status, which opens us (amateur radio) up to potential abuse and a regulatory "fix".

Fred's link was the correct one.

Greg  KO6TH

JoAnn Donaldson joannplano2005@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Here is the link to the APRS Passcode Generator.

.

Fred Hillhouse

Good point! Normally I would have but I used my phone for my response and was not thinking about what was not immediately visible. Yes, poor excuse and I will hopefully be more diligent in the future.

Another way to stop this is moderate everyone. That gets old real fast for everyone. Rather than that it would be best if the seasoned members would point all requests to the wiki.

It seems Yahoo isn't doing doing as well currently getting messages to the moderators. That is unfortunate. But the are still features that are useful on Yahoo.

Another interesting item is the multiple requests and responses are sent. But the requester never sees the response. Spam filters may be taking the responses out.

I do know that the moderators are working to keep up with everyone.

From: "'David Shrum' dave.n8pu@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...>
Date: 3/14/17 00:35 (GMT-05:00)
To: aprsisce@...

Dave N8PU

No I'm just one of the members of this group, a no body.

Sorry Dave but that is false. You may agree or disagree or even work other modes or bands, but, you are certainly someone and a valuable member. :)

Thanks for the reminder to edit!

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

.

Michael Wright

Moderators work too and get to the requests as they can.
also nobody needs a passcode on a urgent need, aprsisce is not for emergency/urgent needs. Well I guess someone can get impatient when they are on a roll with aprs...

Mike K6MFW

Steve

As a moderator I have eyes on glass from about 5AM Pacific time until late evening, I for one do not leave requests that have been made overnight.
If a request has been made incorrectly I usually email straight back for the required info as I am sure do the other moderators.

Yahoo Groups does have issues from time to time, but I strongly suspect that most Passcodes not received have actually ended up in the requester's  spam box!
As I have already found out that some on this list do not understand, sent in a plain brown wrapper or  sent offlist, I will further explain that eyes on glass is my PC monitor and not an egg timer.
Thank you for your kind understanding,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:24 AM, 'Michael Wright' mfwright@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

> Moderators work too and get to the requests as they can.

also nobody needs a passcode on a urgent need, aprsisce is not for emergency/urgent needs. Well I guess someone can get impatient when they are on a roll with aprs...

Mike K6MFW

JoAnn Donaldson

It seems to me that everyone is NOT addressing the elephant in the room and that is amateurs will get frustrated when they do not hear back promptly and will then go looking for a way to work around the problem. If you really want to keep it solely in the hands of the Authors then I would contact the person or persons that are providing a work around to stop providing the work around,

JoAnn Donaldson
AB9YZ