WX Object Question

WX2NJ

Home station is WX2NJ-14 with a Yagi-Home icon. Created New Weather Object of WX2NJ with WX icon. Both are being transmitted only on RF and not IS. The weather data is being obtained from Peet Weather Text APRS file, wttaprs.txt and is updated every minute.

Why is the weather data being transmitted over both WX2NJ-14 and WX2NJ? Also, the Icon shown on the Internet for the WX2NJ is the blue WX icon and not the Yagi-House.

73, Bob, WX2NJ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Please e-mail your APRSIS32.XML file to me at KJ4ERJ@....  I suspect you've got some extra objects configured, but I'd like to check the configuration to be sure.

And just to confuse matters, I suspect the KA1UDX-1 IGate is running a KPC-3+ in KISS mode and is delaying delivery of packets to the APRS-IS.  If you have the ability to include timestamps from your WX2NJ-13 station, we would see this even more readily.

On 3/26/2015 2:18 PM, wx2nj@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Home station is WX2NJ-14 with a Yagi-Home icon. Created New Weather Object of WX2NJ with WX icon. Both are being transmitted only on RF and not IS. The weather data is being obtained from Peet Weather Text APRS file, wttaprs.txt and is updated every minute.

Why is the weather data being transmitted over both WX2NJ-14 and WX2NJ? Also, the Icon shown on the Internet for the WX2NJ is the blue WX icon and not the Yagi-House.

Carl Davis

KA1UDX-1 has been a problem station for a long time in this area.  Delaying packets, gating everything from IS to RF.  He has reset it in the past and made changes but it goes back to clogging things up around here.

Carl,KB1EJH