What do these things mean APRSISCE

robt.harris

Pseudo intelligent guess. It appears you have an audio level around 70 when there is no signal present (just unsquelched noise). When you receive a packet, the audio level goes "off scale", i..e. over 100 and only the two least significant digits show.

Try to get the audio level in the absence of any traffic down below, say, 10 - 20 and see if your packets then come in where they should be.

On 2/21/2015 7:19 PM, godfather_waggo@... [aprsisce] wrote:

If anyone is interesting in viewing the 4 minute video I made today of me in teraterm trying to figure out and decode packets, here is a link. Everytime a packet comes in the values drop to 20. Not sure what else I can do to get those values up. Here is the link  decodingpackets

--

Bob Harris (K9UDX)
Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)

Curtis Wagner

Thank you for the reply and advice Bob!

Curtis Wagner

Bob, quick question, are you speaking of the audio as in RXAMP and those settings, or the volume on the radio?

robt.harris

Since the two interact, either and/or both.

Whenever I have set up a TT4 with a radio that does not have the "data" port, I usually start with the radio volume control at its midpoint (often 12 o'clock) and then adjust the setting of the RXAMP.