Topics

How do i do it

Pete Jobbins

Hi all

I wanted to stop APRSIS32 from displaying D-star symbols , from the wiki i found i could do this......

-s//a/D

as a filter to remove the red diamond with a D overlay but I can't work out how to remove the black diamond with a D overlay , every thing i try either puts up an error or is accepted but seems to do nothing so what do i need to do ?.

While i'm here , is there an up-to-date symbol table ?, I haven't found one yet that shows the black diamond for instance .

Thanks
Pete G8OQG

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Click on a black diamond station and bring up the information about it.  One of the first things in the list is the symbol that the station is using by name and the actual two characters in ().  I suspect you're looking for D& or a symbol of & with an overlay of D.  This would make your "knock-out" filter -s//a&/D

On 1/31/2015 5:12 AM, pete-g8oqg@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi all

I wanted to stop APRSIS32 from displaying D-star symbols , from the wiki i found i could do this......

-s//a/D

as a filter to remove the red diamond with a D overlay but I can't work out how to remove the black diamond with a D overlay , every thing i try either puts up an error or is accepted but seems to do nothing so what do i need to do ?.

While i'm here , is there an up-to-date symbol table ?, I haven't found one yet that shows the black diamond for instance .

Thanks
Pete G8OQG

Pete Jobbins

Thanks for that Lynn , it worked ! , is there an up-to-date symbol table anywhere ?, I find various tables on the net and some are ancient but as I said before I can't find one with black diamond and I wonder what else I may be missing .

Pete G8OQG

Lynn Deffenbaugh

APRSISCE/32 uses the following symbols:

http://www.mshepp.com/images/APRS_Icons.jpg

Which is described at:

http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

And further beefs it up with information from the following links:

http://www.aprs.org/symbols.html
http://www.aprs.org/symbols/symbolsX.txt
http://www.aprs.org/symbols/symbols-new.txt

On 1/31/2015 7:36 AM, pete-g8oqg@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Thanks for that Lynn , it worked ! , is there an up-to-date symbol table anywhere ?, I find various tables on the net and some are ancient but as I said before I can't find one with black diamond and I wonder what else I may be missing .

Pete G8OQG

Pete Jobbins

Thankyou again

Pete G8OQG