M0XER-4 Approaching Yellowknife

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Just showed up on my automatic MultiTrack:

Good thing they got their APRS station working again!

D Anderson

Looks like a race between m0xer-4 and HB-B-64 too!

Daniel

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Actually, they're the same object.  Someone has a tool out there that picks up the APRS beacons from M0XER-4 and injects the posits into the HabHub database.  I have a tool that picks up HabHab object posits and injects them into the APRS-IS with the HB- prefix.  If you watch them both, M0XER-4 will move and then HB-B-64 will join it a few seconds later based primarily, I believe, on my tool's polling frequency to the habitat database.

On 11/20/2014 3:21 PM, D Anderson dande25974@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Looks like a race between m0xer-4 and HB-B-64 too!

Daniel

D Anderson

Didn't know that. Thanks. I'll let my kid still think it's a race for bit. That should keep him exploring the area.

Actually, they're the same object.  Someone has a tool out there that picks up the APRS beacons from M0XER-4 and injects the posits into the HabHub database.  I have a tool that picks up HabHab object posits and injects them into the APRS-IS with the HB- prefix.  If you watch them both, M0XER-4 will move and then HB-B-64 will join it a few seconds later based primarily, I believe, on my tool's polling frequency to the habitat database.

On 11/20/2014 3:21 PM, D Anderson dande25974@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Looks like a race between m0xer-4 and HB-B-64 too!

Daniel

sbd sbd

M0XER Leo grabs the APRS and puts it into the database, he also puts the archived data from when the balloon is out of range into the data base (transmitted in the comment field on aprs

Steve

G6UIM

Actually, they're the same object.  Someone has a tool out there that picks up the APRS beacons from M0XER-4 and injects the posits into the HabHub database.  I have a tool that picks up HabHab object posits and injects them into the APRS-IS with the HB- prefix.  If you watch them both, M0XER-4 will move and then HB-B-64 will join it a few seconds later based primarily, I believe, on my tool's polling frequency to the habitat database.

On 11/20/2014 3:21 PM, D Anderson dande25974@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Looks like a race between m0xer-4 and HB-B-64 too!

Daniel

pfbram@...

Is there a good site to check on its current status?  When I go here, http://spacenear.us/tracker/flyb.php, my browser basically seizes up (and I've got 16 GB RAM + i7 core CPU).  Probably it's using some very heavy client-side Javascript to compute a long-term history of its entire flight path.  Would be nice to have a link that basically loads only a few days' worth of data and perhaps the next projected several days, for speed.  I could bookmark that, and see if I have a chance of hearing it.  These have a tendency to veer too far off to the east for my QTH though.

73, KD0KZE / Paul

[...]

http://habitat.habhub.org/mobile-tracker/?filter=B-64 will give you it’s complete flight so far.

Habhub is the system spacenear.us gets it’s info from

Steve

G6UIM

[...]

Forgot to say if you click the Hysplit button it will give you predicted paths for the next few days

Steve

G6UIM

[...]

Paul Bramscher <pfbram@...>

Thanks for the link. As an interesting meteorological aside, I see
it'll likely be floating over the part of New York that just got ~ 5-6
FEET of snow. So-called "lake effect". There are some predictions that
they'll have 8 feet before that storm ends.

Paul / KD0KZE

<mailto:dande25974@...> [aprsisce] wrote:

Looks like a race between m0xer-4 and HB-B-64 too!

Daniel

robt.harris

When I go to that link, the map is not populated.

--

Bob Harris (K9UDX)
Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)