aprsisce 32

thomaskrasko@...

Tom  N2NNS

This passcode will not work.........all I get is a flashing bar on screen.......windows 7  dose not like aprsisce 32.
Am I doing something wrong ?

Gary Freeman <garydotfreeman@...>

Tom:

What password are you using?

Also, I have this software loaded on two different Windows 7 machines in my shack and had absolutely no trouble getting it installed or making it work.

Just to be clear, are you using this website:  http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/start .  Look along the left side for "Downloads."  On the Downloads page, the very top item (under the line that is blinking) is the 32-bit version.  I actually have it loaded on both a 32-bit and a 64-bit machine and both are working fine.

Then once you get it loaded come back to the Downloads page and click on the blinking line to get registered and get a code to make the thing work.

Let me know how you do . . .

---

Gary Freeman
Assistant Program Manager, Denver CERT
Assistant Emergency Coordinator, Denver ARES District

KDØSQA

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 6:01 AM, thomaskrasko@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Tom  N2NNS

This passcode will not work.........all I get is a flashing bar on screen.......windows 7  dose not like aprsisce 32.
Am I doing something wrong ?

thomaskrasko@...

The passcode I have is 8350

thomaskrasko@...

I tryed to follow the video and I get the flashing bar with out the passcode, I put in my ham call only and still the program will not load, The flashing bar is the flashing one that tells you to get a passcode......>

Gary Freeman <garydotfreeman@...>

Tom:

OK.  Interesting because my passcode was 5 digits long but let's move ahead.  You opened the software and entered the passcode into the CONFIGURE > GENERAL screen in the Passcode box?

Also, did Larry Irons send you my configuration sheet for reference?

Gary Freeman <garydotfreeman@...>

If you click on the flashing line there is a link in the third paragraph to get you a passcode.  I assume you already did that.  Right?

---

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 6:29 AM, thomaskrasko@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

I tryed to follow the video and I get the flashing bar with out the passcode, I put in my ham call only and still the program will not load, The flashing bar is the flashing one that tells you to get a passcode......>

Thomas Krasko <thomaskrasko@...>

This is the e-mail I got

rjp0@...

Nov 18 (2 days ago)

to me, aprsisce-owner
Passcode for N2NNS is 8350.

This password will work for any -SSID (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ssids) you choose to use.  Because it is actually the APRS-IS network password, it should also work with other APRS-IS client software.

On Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:33 AM, "Gary Freeman garydotfreeman@... [aprsisce]" wrote:

Tom:

OK.  Interesting because my passcode was 5 digits long but let's move ahead.  You opened the software and entered the passcode into the CONFIGURE > GENERAL screen in the Passcode box?

Also, did Larry Irons send you my configuration sheet for reference?

Did you unzip the program into a new folder?  The most common installation mistake is to just double-click the .zip and then double-click the .exe within that.  It won't work.

You must unzip the program to a new folder, not under any Windows-protected tree (aka not under Program Files), and then double-click APRSIS32.EXE from within that new folder.

On 11/20/2014 8:29 AM, thomaskrasko@... [aprsisce] wrote:
I tryed to follow the video and I get the flashing bar with out the passcode, I put in my ham call only and still the program will not load, The flashing bar is the flashing one that tells you to get a passcode......>

Thomas Krasko <thomaskrasko@...>

Yes, I put it in folder and unziped it there, then installed it, I get the box up for my ham call, I put in my call only no passcode and all I get is a flashing bar across the screen that has no info in it but is the size of the passcode statement on the download screen and flashes at the same rate

Did you unzip the program into a new folder?  The most common installation mistake is to just double-click the .zip and then double-click the .exe within that.  It won't work.

You must unzip the program to a new folder, not under any Windows-protected tree (aka not under Program Files), and then double-click APRSIS32.EXE from within that new folder.

On 11/20/2014 8:29 AM, thomaskrasko@... [aprsisce] wrote:

I tryed to follow the video and I get the flashing bar with out the passcode, I put in my ham call only and still the program will not load, The flashing bar is the flashing one that tells you to get a passcode......>

thomaskrasko@...

Yes : I did that.....it looks like that flashing bar screws up the download

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Can you do a screen capture and e-mail it to me at KJ4ERJ@...?

And you do have Internet access on the machine in question, right?  When installing, APRSISCE/32 needs Internet access to fetch the initial tiles as you set your home location.

On 11/20/2014 9:05 AM, Thomas Krasko thomaskrasko@... [aprsisce] wrote:
[...]

Rob Giuliano

I was able to install APRSIS32 on a machine that could NOT download the tiles, but did have internet access (download was blocked at work).  I was showing a coworker at lunch and just wanted to get it up and running.

Not to be confusing, but if you are limited as I was:

The upper right corner was flashing (because I left the passcode at -1), but by looking at the coordinates (bottom left of the window) I roughed the position in on the blank screen.  Then zoomed and fine tuned to get it to the needed coordinates  I hit transmit and got a message to zoom in more.  I zoomed a couple more times - hit transmit and it was fine.

Later I moved map times from a thumb drive I forgot I had APRSIS32 installed on.