What did I break? Dev

Greg Depew

Ok I can't figure out what I did, but I changed one of my instances to the dev version and deleted a few of my status comments in the xml with the program closed and now after bringing the program up I have the first beacon as suspended with the menu option, after I pick my first beacon I can't change my position. I can center on a different station and when I hit tx it doesn't ask me if I would like to move to center. And the option to move me here in the right click menu is greyed out. What did I break?? And can I get it back without a complete delete of the xml? Thanks
Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Lynn Deffenbaugh

You will only be asked about moving ME if you're zoomed in really close.

As for the no beacon at start up, I suspect you have Configure / Beacon / After Transmit checked. From http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-beacon

After Transmit- In a semi-mobile (not fixed) GPS-less installation, it may be desirable to not transmit a position beacon on initial startup until the last known position can be confirmed and possibly corrected. If this option is checked, APRSISCE/32 will not transmit a position beacon until the Transmit menu option has been manually activated. Given that the Transmit option allows the user to move "ME" to the center of the screen, this allows the actual current position to be verified and/or changed before any position beacons are sent.

On 10/27/2013 8:21 PM, Greg Depew wrote:
Ok I can't figure out what I did, but I changed one of my instances to the dev version and deleted a few of my status comments in the xml with the program closed and now after bringing the program up I have the first beacon as suspended with the menu option, after I pick my first beacon I can't change my position. I can center on a different station and when I hit tx it doesn't ask me if I would like to move to center. And the option to move me here in the right click menu is greyed out. What did I break?? And can I get it back without a complete delete of the xml? Thanks
Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    aprsisce-digest@...
    aprsisce-fullfeatured@...

Greg Depew

I confirm I have beacon after transmit checked on purpose, however after I make my first beacon I can no longer change my position neither with drag and tx or right click move me here.

[...]

Try zooming in a lot further or disable the GPS if you have it enabled.

On 10/27/2013 8:35 PM, Greg Depew wrote:
[...]

Ok that got it. I have to be zoom 14 or higher. I think it is different in the current release that you don't have to be zoomed in so far and I was used to that.
[...]

Ok now here's a feature request. How about the zoom number somewhere in the area of the not all message so that you know you're zoomed far enough?
[...]

Fred Hillhouse

I always thought a zoom number would be useful.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Ok now here's a feature request. How about the zoom number
somewhere in the area of the not all message so that you know
you're zoomed far enough?
Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Double-click empty map space. The zoom number in on the first line in addition to being buried somewhere in the tile file name.

[MyOSM] z:4 x:1-5 y:5-7
x:3 y:6 Tile is due to be rendered. Last rendered at Fri Dec 31 18:00:00 1999
D:/OSMTiles/MyOSM/04/3/6.png
Create:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433
Write:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433
Access:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433

On 10/29/2013 2:12 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
I always thought a zoom number would be useful.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Ok now here's a feature request. How about the zoom number
somewhere in the area of the not all message so that you know
you're zoomed far enough?
Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Fred Hillhouse

I do that but ...

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Double-click empty map space. The zoom number in on the first line in
addition to being buried somewhere in the tile file name.

[MyOSM] z:4 x:1-5 y:5-7
x:3 y:6 Tile is due to be rendered. Last rendered at Fri Dec 31 18:00:00
1999
D:/OSMTiles/MyOSM/04/3/6.png
Create:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433
Write:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433
Access:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433

On 10/29/2013 2:12 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
> I always thought a zoom number would be useful.
>
> Best regards,
> Fred N7FMH

Fred Hillhouse

Thanks for the new feature!!!

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Double-click empty map space. The zoom number in on the first line in
addition to being buried somewhere in the tile file name.

[MyOSM] z:4 x:1-5 y:5-7
x:3 y:6 Tile is due to be rendered. Last rendered at Fri Dec 31 18:00:00
1999
D:/OSMTiles/MyOSM/04/3/6.png
Create:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433
Write:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433
Access:2012-10-21T23:12:06.433

On 10/29/2013 2:12 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
> I always thought a zoom number would be useful.
>
> Best regards,
> Fred N7FMH

Greg Depew

Yes thank you!!

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry