From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf Of Don Eklund
Sent: 21 May 2013 00:13
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: [aprsisce] usb gps

Is there a way to use a usb gps with aprsisce?

Don

Don Eklund

I have a Delorme GPS and it does not

Delorme does have a usb serial convert, but does not work with a 64 bit laptop.

On May 19, 2013, at 7:21 PM, "Steve Daniels" <steve@...> wrote:

Most USB GPS devices install a driver that looks to the software like a serial port, I use a Bluetooth and a serial GPS unit without problems

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

Is there a way to use a usb gps with aprsisce?

Don

Don

Lynn Deffenbaugh

The only way to use a USB GPS with APRSISCE is if it offers a serial port as mentioned by Steve.

I also own Delorme GPS units and the BT-20 is just about as cheap as their USB GPS, but it works fine if your laptop has Bluetooth.

Even if it doesn't, the BT-20 coupled with a $5 Bluetooth dongle from China makes a workable configuration.  And as a bonus you have no wires between the laptop and the GPS and the same bluetooth interface can drive a Bluetooth to serial adapter on your TNC!

On 5/20/2013 7:13 PM, Don Eklund wrote:

Is there a way to use a usb gps with aprsisce?

Don

Don Eklund

Is there a way to use a usb gps with aprsisce?

Don

Reg <lists.reg@...>

I am forwarding this posting which may help.

Reg