Thanks Lynn

sbd sbd

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

Randy Love

You're right, Steve.

The fleet should arrive on Thursday. "never could get the hang of Thursdays", Arthur said.

Anyway, I've got my towel handy.

So long, Lynn, and thanks for all the dev releases... :)

Randy
WF5X

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

john beatty

Grab your towel and don't panic!

Credo Quia Absurdum Est
Credo Ut Intelligam

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

Steve

I believe I saw a long range forecast for Friday with the days HIGH at 2500 Degrees, or as the Sun in the UK would say..."PHEW WHAT A SCORCHER"  lol

Thanks Lynn....."Goodbye World"

73
Steve,  kf6wax.....already living in hells kitchen, Phoenix, Arizona

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

sbd sbd

Being English I have several hot cups of tea at the ready, am trying get things sorted

Am leaving Fred Hillhouse out of it as he lives too close to Boston.

Good to see at least 3 others of you know what I am talking about (Lynn being one hence the post really)

For the rest of you will explain it on the 22nd

[...]

kc8sfq

I was in a buffet restaurant one evening here in Mich. The fellow ahead of me had on a "T" shirt with the inscription "Do you know Zaphod Beeblebrox?" I started laughing, he turned around with a devilish grin. I said "as a matter of fact, i *do*". We had a delightful dinner, he and a table of friends were at the next table. Too obscure, and too much fun.

I never could stand tea, much to my grandfather's chagrin. His world stopped every afternoon for tea. As ANY civilized man would do. If my memory serves, he called it "a spot of tea".

> Being English I have several hot cups of tea at the ready, am trying get things sorted
>
> Am leaving Fred Hillhouse out of it as he lives too close to Boston.

sbd sbd

A spot of Tea would be correct, at least for your grandfathers generation. Not a big fan of Tea myself either.

Will get a APRSISCE/32 café sorted for these user of APRSISCE/32 posts that are not technical..

It’s nice to have a non tech chat with fellow users of APRSISCE/32 without boring the rest of the users

And yes I am more guilty than most.

If you have not found Dirk Gently look it up

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

I was in a buffet restaurant one evening here in Mich. The fellow ahead of me had on a "T" shirt with the inscription "Do you know Zaphod Beeblebrox?" I started laughing, he turned around with a devilish grin. I said "as a matter of fact, i *do*". We had a delightful dinner, he and a table of friends were at the next table. Too obscure, and too much fun.

I never could stand tea, much to my grandfather's chagrin. His world stopped every afternoon for tea. As ANY civilized man would do. If my memory serves, he called it "a spot of tea".

> Being English I have several hot cups of tea at the ready, am trying get things sorted
>
> Am leaving Fred Hillhouse out of it as he lives too close to Boston.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I ALWAYS know where my towel is.  As a matter of fact, I got a new one for Christmas last year from my daughter because my old one was getting rather ragged.  I carry it in my geocaching belt-purse because you never know what you may need while out on a caching run.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - aka CodeWrangler

On 12/19/2012 6:37 PM, john Beatty wrote:

Grab your towel and don't panic!

Credo Quia Absurdum Est
Credo Ut Intelligam

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

sbd sbd

I have a bigger one that includes the family, must admit it’s awkward to use my keys

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

john beatty

I'll bet there are quite a few confusticated looks going on at the moment!
And you thought APRS was confusing?

Credo Quia Absurdum Est
Credo Ut Intelligam

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

James Ewen

<steve@...> wrote:

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to
Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.
Steve,

Perhaps you can up your beaconing rate to once every minute for that
date. That way those of us over here can get a heads up... If your
packets stop, I'll have 7 hours to get my ducks in a row. Lynn will
have to be a little quicker being on the east coast.

--
James
VE6SRV

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Have a QSO with special event station N0D - http://www.nowzerodays.com/

and I believe there's also an HF event that plans to span the full 24 hours as the end of the world marches across time zones, but I couldn't quickly find a link to it.

PS. We WILL resume normal group operations eventually, but hey, everyone needs to come up for a breath of fresh (or at least different) air every now and then!

<steve@...> wrote:

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to
Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.
Steve,

Perhaps you can up your beaconing rate to once every minute for that
date. That way those of us over here can get a heads up... If your
packets stop, I'll have 7 hours to get my ducks in a row. Lynn will
have to be a little quicker being on the east coast.

--
James
VE6SRV

lance aue

As the barman in the horse and groom said: " last orders gents!"

Lance / KA2EJD
[AR]

N5TEV <N5TEV@...>

The Zorgon Fleet has been defeated on the far side of Jupiter. They inadvertently left their APRS transmitters on. Everyone reports for work on Monday.

The fleet should arrive on Thursday. "I *never* could *get the hang
of* Thursdays",
Arthur said.

m0xsd

You can include me in that list of knowing what you are talking about:)
in fact I've even been to some parties in Guildford (many years ago).

73,
Colin
M0XSD.

[...]

Adam Mahnke <kc2ant@...>

I think I know what the references are too, but I have no intimate knowledge of the topic.

I'll echo the thanks, even if Lynn did beat me to putting up the link to n0d stuff. :)

Adam
KC2ANT

To: aprsisce@...

The fleet should arrive on Thursday. "never could get the hang of Thursdays", Arthur said.

Anyway, I've got my towel handy.

So long, Lynn, and thanks for all the dev releases... :)

Randy

WF5X

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

Fred Hillhouse

The sashimi was quite delicious!

And a great big T H A N K   Y O U to Lynn.

Best regards,
Fred

Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.

In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs

I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was 42

Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor Fleet

Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

Randy Love

Everything's fine until someone starts spouting Vogon poetry!

WF5X

lance aue

Steve:

As one that does understand the reference, my thoughts are interleaved below:

<snip>
Since the end of the world is Friday, I thought I would say thank you to
Lynn for the software and all those who helped come up with suggestions etc.
In fact anyone who has created free software for Amateurs.
</snip>

**ALRIGHT! WHO TURNED 'DEEP-THOUGHT' back on?

<snip>
I wonder if we will find out what the question was, the answer to which was
42
</snip>

***you mean they are going to replace the universe AGAIN? ISN'T ONE ENOUGH?!?!?!?

<snip>
Are the Astronomers looking out for a suddenly appearing Vogon Constructor
Fleet
</snip>

***At least I have my towel,.....and Ford's "electronic thumb' all ready with new batteries,.....and my babel fish too...[hey! stop squirming and get in my ear!!!]

<snip>
Anyway So long, and thanks for all the fish
</snip>

***Oh! Here come the dolphins!!!.... ;)

Very 73,
Lance / KA2EJD
[AR]

Lynn Deffenbaugh

On 12/20/2012 4:54 PM, LANCE AUE wrote:
***you mean they are going to replace the universe AGAIN? ISN'T ONE
ENOUGH?!?!?!?
"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened." - Douglas Adams

***Oh! Here come the dolphins!!!.... ;)
Wouldn't that be "there go the dolphins?"

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE/32 for Windows Mobile and Win32