Disabled or not

kc8sfq

Hi gang,

After poking about in the wiki for quite a while, I am still puzzled.

I finally have APRSIS32 recognizing my GPS set up as: ARGENT-puck to Byonics-Serial-USB adapter to Targus-multi-port dongle into the one USB port in the computer.

My observations: I have a message at the top of screen (wide mode) that says "NMEA OK" immediately below that in smaller type "Disabled". I am clearly receiving the birds, a whole flock of them. The signal strength of them varies as I move the puck around on the bench.

My question is this: What is disabled? (toggling Enables, GPS Enabled has no affect on this message)

Thanks and 73 Ron, KC8SFQ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Check Enables / Beaconing Enabled.

The top line rotates the status of the various ports.  The second line shows the beaconing status.  There are also three thin progress bars at the bottom of that pane that show (from http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:screen-features)

There are also three colored bars below that text that indicate (top to bottom):
Transmit Pressure increasing left to right (Transmits when it gets to the right, see also last line)
APRS-IS Quiet Time - Increasing left to right, reconnects if it ever gets to the right
Transmit Throttle decreasing right to left (Counts down Min Time after beacon)

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of ARPSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/22/2012 3:06 PM, kc8sfq@... wrote:
Hi gang,

After poking about in the wiki for quite a while, I am still puzzled.

I finally have APRSIS32 recognizing my GPS set up as: ARGENT-puck to Byonics-Serial-USB adapter to Targus-multi-port dongle into the one USB port in the computer.

My observations: I have a message at the top of screen (wide mode) that says "NMEA OK" immediately below that in smaller type "Disabled". I am clearly receiving the birds, a whole flock of them. The signal strength of them varies as I move the puck around on the bench.

My question is this: What is disabled? (toggling Enables, GPS Enabled has no affect on this message)

Thanks and 73  Ron, KC8SFQ

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    aprsisce-digest@...
    aprsisce-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

kc8sfq

Hi Lynn
Thanks again for the help. Sorry about the extra question. I was still playing with the program and just after I sent this question, I figured it out. But of course, it was too late to un-ask. Sorry for the un necessary static.

73, Ron