*INT* Packet timing?

kc2nyu <eckerpw@...>

Hopefully this is a relatively easy one to answer.
- My base station is an FT-7800 with roof top vertical, T2 and Win 7 64 bit PC. I use an SSID of KC2NYU-1 for this station. This station is serving as a Digi Fill and at the moment the only iGate in the Savannah, GA area. Under Configure – Genius - Beacon Settings, I have min set at 20 and Max at 30.

Here is the question:
- when kc2nyu-1 packets appear on the scroller they sometimes do in pairs of *Int* and RF and at other times just *Int*. The RF packets appear about every 30 min but the *Int* packets are more often, sometimes as often as every 2 minutes but at irregular intervals.
- Do I want kc2nyu-1, the same SSID "going out" in both *Int* and RF??
- How do I does one set or control how often packets are sent via *Int* ?? It seems that are appearing too frequently now.

73 Paul
kc2nyu

sbd sbd

Int is internal, that is they are not leaving the software. If you go to configure scroller and select No Internals, you won’t see them any more.

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle Moderator

[...]

Steve- thank you, that was easy. Another somewhat related question about Program features. If I send a chat msg to another APRS station, does APRSIS/32 always send via internet? If I was using the Program and just my raio, no internet, would APRSIS send the chat msg via the radio?

73 Paul

_____

[...]

Adam Mahnke <kc2ant@...>

Only if you have an RF port setup

Adam
KC2ANT

--- In aprsisce@..., "Steve Daniels" wrote:

> Int is internal, that is they are not leaving the software. If you go to
> configure scroller and select No Internals, you won't see them any more.
>

> Steve Daniels
>
> G6UIM
>
> Torbay Freecycle Moderator
>
> _____

Greg Depew

Are you running this on a laptop with telemetry enabled? I've noticed mine does the same thing and it is my telemetry updating when unplugged. KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

[...]

Chat messages go via which ever port APRSIS  deems to be the best option, if you have no internet or a station has been seen on RF then the messages will go via RF. You can force a message to go via RF or IS

If you click the tick box usually labelled Best the Send button with cycle though Send IS, Send RF and Send. Forcing the message to IS, RF or the option the software thinks is best

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle Moderator

Steve- thank you, that was easy. Another somewhat related question about Program features. If I send a chat msg to another APRS station, does APRSIS/32 always send via internet? If I was using the Program and just my raio, no internet, would APRSIS send the chat msg via the radio?

73 Paul

--- In aprsisce@..., "Steve Daniels" wrote:

> Int is internal, that is they are not leaving the software. If you go to
> configure scroller and select No Internals, you won't see them any more.
>

> Steve Daniels
>
> G6UIM
>
> Torbay Freecycle Moderator
>
> _____

Lynn Deffenbaugh

See also http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/chat

and http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/message-retries

And maybe even http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:aprs-messaging-explained

On 5/21/2012 11:46 AM, Steve Daniels wrote:

Chat messages go via which ever port APRSIS  deems to be the best option, if you have no internet or a station has been seen on RF then the messages will go via RF. You can force a message to go via RF or IS

If you click the tick box usually labelled Best the Send button with cycle though Send IS, Send RF and Send. Forcing the message to IS, RF or the option the software thinks is best

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle Moderator

Steve- thank you, that was easy. Another somewhat related question about Program features. If I send a chat msg to another APRS station, does APRSIS/32 always send via internet? If I was using the Program and just my raio, no internet, would APRSIS send the chat msg via the radio?

73 Paul

--- In aprsisce@..., "Steve Daniels" wrote:

> Int is internal, that is they are not leaving the software. If you go to
> configure scroller and select No Internals, you won't see them any more.
>

> Steve Daniels
>
> G6UIM
>
> Torbay Freecycle Moderator
>
> _____

kc2nyu <eckerpw@...>

Thanks all for the quick responses. Time to do the reading assignments and experiment. 73 Paul kc2nyu

--- In aprsisce@... <mailto:aprsisce%40yahoogroups.com>,

From: aprsisce@... <mailto:aprsisce%40yahoogroups.com>
[...]

Lynn- thanks for both articles, I am just not good with searching the wiki and getting the right answers.

I am receiving chat msgs via RF that show up in APRSIS, but not having any luck with sending RF Only. the No Msg box immediately goes yellow and just stays that way. In configure- Ports- I have RF to IS and IS to RF checked.

Is there another configuration step to send RF Only?

73 Paul