Good luck Fred,
ps; i use Mozilla FireFox, not IE, just a idea...

         Peter VK2BLO

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

It sounds like when you try to sign in you have actually hit the register button. Yahoo, will send a email to you with hints or some other thing. I have not done this myself so I am not much help there. Give that a shot. It may reset the password which will help.

With Win7, don't put APRSIS32 in My Documents. Windows is very protective of that space. Your mileage may vary. Hopefully someone running Win7 will respond with a better answer.

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH

From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf Of kc8sfq@...
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 10:52
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: [aprsisce] New computer, new problems (drat) [2 Attachments]

Hi Guys and Gals:
Well, it begins again.
I had just about climbed out of the learning curve valley and had my computer talking to the other stuff. I had assumed that when  my OT2;s finally got here, there would be a little bit of a lump in the learning curve, and then I'd finally be running mobile APRS with mapping.

Well. that was not to be. My old hamfest-scored computer croaked. I had to buy a new machine, and now nothing works. I can't get into Yahoo Groups to download the APRSIS32 program. I tried moving it from my desktop (no good). I tried downloading from the wiki (no good). (fortunately, I can still view my group e-mails, so at least the learning can continue)

Yahoo groups wants me to sign in, when I try to do so, I am told that "that address is available, do you want to register a new account?" When I try to register as a new account, I am told "that address is taken". It's my callsign, The FCC assures me that I'm the only kc8sfq in the world. (still waiting for yahoo to help with that one.)

What I think i know:

1: The laptop that croaked had my passwords and cookies saved, obviously I can't get at those, and I can't find where I wrote them down. Probably why Yahoo won't let me in.

2: The APRSIS32 I down loaded just flashes with a horizontal bar across the screen. I expect this is due to the new machine being a win7 operating system. The literature for APRS32 says it'll run in "non administrator mode". I have no idea what that is, or how to get in or out of it.

I guess I'm mostly venting here, so thanks for plowing through it (or just hitting delete without busting my chops). Help with that administrator mode thing would be appreciated though, then I should be able to get the APRSIS32 running

Thanks and 73' Ron

--
Cheers, Pete.
vk2blopete@...

kc8sfq

Hi gang:
I can't seem to get APRSIS32 to run on my win7 machine. I am also having trouble with Yahoo Groups. I can't get into Yahoo groups, but I have downloaded APRSIS32 from the wiki. when I run the APRSIS-32 I get the sign in screen with "NOCALL in the callsign block. So far, so good.
When I click the "ACCEPT" button it all goes south. I get a bar most of the way across the screen. This bar and any windows on the screen begin flashing. I can close the other windows, but to get rid of the bar, I have to restart the computer.

any help here greatly appreciated

Ron