compatible hardware setup

sbd sbd

I am trying to gather together the compatible hardware and setups for the wiki on this page

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/compatible-hardware-software

if you have hardware not listed and the setup for that hardware please could you let me know.

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

Keith Kaiser

I run it on my MacBook Pro using Wine and it runs and looks great.

On May 23, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Steve Daniels wrote:

I am trying to gather together the compatible hardware and setups for the wiki on this page

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/compatible-hardware-software

if you have hardware not listed and the setup for that hardware please could you let me know.

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

kc8sfq

Hi Steve:
As you may or may not have noticed from recent discussions here on the group, The TAPR TNC2 and clones need a different EEPROM to use KISS mode. The IS32 program will put the TNC into KISS, but it'll drop back out of it's own accord at some random time.

I may be the last ham running this antique, but it might be worth noting in the wiki anyway.

Thanks and 73  Ron
++++++++++++++++++

> I am trying to gather together the compatible hardware ...........

sbd sbd

I have a TNC2 clone and had no real issues, open/close commands along with quiet time kicked it back into kiss, Argent data will supply a TNC2KISS chip at minimal cost. That will change it to a kiss only TNC it’s a couple of $ plus post. They will also supply a UIDigi prom for free. To encourage digi.

Thanks for reminding me to add a bit more detail on that.

Unless of course you want to write it up. J

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

As you may or may not have noticed from recent discussions here on the group, The TAPR TNC2 and clones need a different EEPROM to use KISS mode. The IS32 program will put the TNC into KISS, but it'll drop back out of it's own accord at some random time.

I may be the last ham running this antique, but it might be worth noting in the wiki anyway.

Thanks and 73  Ron
++++++++++++++++++

> I am trying to gather together the compatible hardware ...........

kc8sfq

>Argent data will supply a TNC2KISS chip at minimal cost. That will change it to a kiss only TNC it's a couple of $ plus post.

I was not aware that Scott could (would) do that. I think,  however,  I'll give him a little while to recover from Dayton, and catch up on the other stuff he had to push back to get ready for that delightful lunacy. If a cheep, kiss only TNC conversion will keep this old TNC going a little longer, It might be worth it.

> I have a TNC2 clone and had no real issues, open/close commands along with
> quiet time kicked it back into kiss,

I tried that, but as Lynn pointed out, APRSIS32 doesn't care if a packet decodes properly, just that it's there (to reset the quiet-time timer).

> Thanks for reminding me to add a bit more detail on that.
>
> Unless of course you want to write it up. :-)

I'd be glad to .............IF i had some idea what I'm talking about. From our earlier discussion regarding "Dropping out of KISS" It is patently obvious that is NOT the case .

I am sure glad there people who intimately understand this stuff and are willing to share their knowledge. Now........... if you want to talk about welding or machining, I can expound ad-nauseum. But, I digress, and that's a topic for another forum.

Thanks and 73  Ron

Greg D

Hi Steve,

I don't know if you want to take on another dimension to the table, but the HP iPAQ hw6945 (which you have listed) will drive an external serial TNC (including the Kenwood TH-D7) via a serial cable (p/n 419765-001 is the one I tried; there may be others).  It's awkward (the cable is thick and heavy), but it does work.

Greg  KO6TH

Steve Daniels wrote:

I am trying to gather together the compatible hardware and setups for the wiki on this page

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/compatible-hardware-software

if you have hardware not listed and the setup for that hardware please could you let me know.

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

Greg D

Oh, also,

Other Linux distributions include  OpenSuSE 10.1 through 11.3 under either Wine or CrossOver Office.

For connecting a Serial TNC to APRSISCE/32 running in Wine or Crossover, you must add an entry to the Windows "Registry" (system.reg) for the following, in addition to the usual setting up of symlinks to the physical ports.

[HARDWARE\\DEVICEMAP\\SERIALCOMM] 1131331688
"COM1"="COM1"
"COM2"="COM2"

(Credit goes to:  http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Wine_Registry#Serial_Com_Port)

Greg  KO6TH

Greg D wrote:

Hi Steve,

I don't know if you want to take on another dimension to the table, but the HP iPAQ hw6945 (which you have listed) will drive an external serial TNC (including the Kenwood TH-D7 via a serial cable (p/n 419765-001).  It's awkward (the cable is thick and heavy), but it does work.

Greg  KO6TH

Steve Daniels wrote:

I am trying to gather together the compatible hardware and setups for the wiki on this page

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/compatible-hardware-software

if you have hardware not listed and the setup for that hardware please could you let me know.

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

Bradley Haney <kc9gqr@...>

I use that device  I use mine v ia  bluetooth serial connection

Steve Daniels wrote:

I am trying to gather together the compatible hardware and setups for the wiki on this page

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/compatible-hardware-software

if you have hardware not listed and the setup for that hardware please could you let me know.

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

Fred Hillhouse

I theory the Tilt will as well. The USB port is really a USB EXT port that includes a serial port. It appears that most use it for reROMing the device. Of course my interest is the serial port.

SparkFun has a connector that might actually work with it. I just haven't confirmed the serial port is actually available for use.

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH

Steve Daniels wrote:

I am trying to gather together the compatible hardware and setups for the wiki on this page

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/compatible-hardware-software

if you have hardware not listed and the setup for that hardware please could you let me know.

Steve Daniels

G6UIM

Lasse / LA5PPA <div.tt14@...>

Hi, I have two GPS's that seems to be ok, running Windows 7 64bit

1) Navibe USB GPS Type: GM720
http://gsmserver.com/newshop/images/large/Navibe_GPS_Bluetooth_Receiver_GM720.jpg

2) Navibe Bluetooth GPS Type: GB737
http://www.pcdistrict.com/modules/productcatalog/product_images/144392-compass-systems-navibe-gb737-5850.jpg