Updates (was: last update)

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Talking about updates...I do not recall seeing anything abot them on the sig....:(

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Every single independently operating piece of APRS hardware and software
instance should have it's own unique -SSID. Failure to do this will
result in many unexplainable and non-diagnosable issues with
ping-ponging stations, duplicate positions, beaconing too fast, speed
too fast, and don't even get me started on duplicate acks and messages
that "never got delivered" when in fact, they got acked by the "other"
instance.

You've got 16 to choose from to be AX.25/RF compatible and if you don't
have an RF interface and don't mind not being able to exchanged messages
with Yaesu radios, you can use anything you want (let's see, 36*36 =
1,296 options and that's just upper case letters and numbers).

See also: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ssids

Lynn (D) - K4JERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

PS. Some have experimented with more than 2 character -SSIDs, but the
APRS-IS servers got a little strange about that one and it was truncated
to 2 in at least one instance.

On 5/18/2011 6:30 PM, Ron Callahan N9SZV wrote:
> Yes I am....update things just started to work?! I'm not going to try to understand it but all is well again!!
>

> Ron N9SZV
>
> :-)
>

> -- In aprsisce@..., "g4ilo" wrote:
>> Are you using different SSIDs for both programs?
>>
>> Julian, G4ILO
>>
>> --- In aprsisce@..., "Ron Callahan N9SZV" wrote:
>>> This mite be my openAPRS program for my ipod touch it worked before I updated APRSIS on my home computer for some reason there not talking ..I cannot send or receive message between my home computer and my ipod program OpenAPRS...if this makes sense??
>>>
>>> Ron N9SZV

73,
Steve, kf6wax