ICON & 'ME'

Lynn Deffenbaugh

One other thing to notice is that the configured callsign is in the Title Bar on Win32 and Windows Mobile windows.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:

Rodney Padmore wrote:

Thanks Lynn for the very quick, informative and helpful response regarding changing the icon.Is it possible to change the 'ME' to my own callsign as well, pse es tks, de Rod, VE1BSK.
Not at this time. I purposely put "Me" there so people wouldn't have to parse through all of the callsigns on the display to try to figure out which one is their own. There's enough confusion over what the program is centering on, IF it's centering, and such that I'd hate to introduce yet another complication.

I'll add it to my ToDo list, though, along with possibly an option to hide Me completely (right now, it's the only station that is NOT affected by the View filters).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Rodney Padmore wrote:
Thanks Lynn for the very quick, informative and helpful response regarding changing the icon.Is it possible to change the 'ME' to my own callsign as well, pse es tks, de Rod, VE1BSK.
Not at this time. I purposely put "Me" there so people wouldn't have to parse through all of the callsigns on the display to try to figure out which one is their own. There's enough confusion over what the program is centering on, IF it's centering, and such that I'd hate to introduce yet another complication.

I'll add it to my ToDo list, though, along with possibly an option to hide Me completely (right now, it's the only station that is NOT affected by the View filters).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Rod,VE1BSK

Thanks Lynn for the very quick, informative and helpful response regarding changing the icon.Is it possible to change the 'ME' to my own callsign as well, pse es tks, de Rod, VE1BSK.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

For those without a touch interface (or no mouse), you can edit the XML configuration file and set the symbol and table that way. See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/editing-xml-configuration. You're looking for the following 2 elements:

<Symbol.Table>/</Symbol.Table>
<Symbol.Symbol>E</Symbol.Symbol>

See http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm for what symbols are what characters in which tables.

PS. Where there's a will, there's a way, maybe not an easy way, but a way!

N0YXV - Stan Coleman wrote:

I have similar issue. Mine is that without a touch screen there is now way to 'click' on the icon to change it. If you try to tab around it just skips over the icon. Nor is there any to scroll down to the bottom of the config screen.
Sent via cell phone
N0YXV - Stan Coleman