Newbie Question

K3RWN

I have been searching the archived messages trying to find the settings for the Byonics TT4 and APRSIS/32.

I am coming up empty.

Is there info on  using the TT4 with this software somewhere?

Rich

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Put the TT4 into KISS mode, note the baudrate that you have it set up for.

In APRSISCE/32, click Configure / KISS / No (not a TCP/IP Port). Pick the COM port on the left and baud rate on the right. The Xmit checkbox doesn't do anything (yet). Click OK, restart the client (this will get fixed in a later version), and then select Enables / KISS Enabled.

Stations received over RF show up in the scrolling stations list with an * beside them. Any number following the * indicates that the same packet was received multiple times (typically from one or more digis)

All beacons and messages are sent over all active ports. Messages heard on the -IS whose recipient was "recently" heard "locally" on the RF are packaged into a 3rd party packet and transmitted.

You can filter the map to show only those stations received on RF either Local, Direct, or All via the View / RF menu.

Sending ?ARPSD or ?APRSL to your APRSIS32 callsign-SSID via APRS will send back a list of those stations heard Direct or Local respectively.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

K3RWN wrote:

I have been searching the archived messages trying to find the settings for the Byonics TT4 and APRSIS/32.

I am coming up empty.

Is there info on using the TT4 with this software somewhere?

Rich