Ui-view features

Robin Williams <phonetech@...>

Hi Lynn,
probably the most features I use in ui-view are Igate TX and RX, digipeater and the maps.
Cheers,
Robin.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Robin Williams wrote:
probably the most features I use in ui-view are Igate TX and RX, digipeater and the maps.
Thanks, IGate TX is in the 2010/03/01 release from last night. A future release will make it both configurable by interface as well as gating messages only to the RF interface on which the station was "recently" heard "local".

Digipeater will be a while yet. I'll add it to the list, although I knew I'd be needing it sometime. It may turn out to be sooner than later now that I've done the 3rd party path mucking for message IGating. I believe I now understand how to do the WIDEn-N insertion, decrement, and usage.

UI-View maps are coming!

Thanks for the feedback so I know what to focus the development effort on.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Cheers,
Robin.

Bradley Haney <kc9gqr@...>

Great. Only issue I am having. Which I am sure its me is. I can not get the map to follow my car on the map. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong

Sent from my BlackBerry®

From: "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@...>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:47:01 -0500
To: <aprsisce@...>
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Ui-view features

Robin Williams wrote:
> probably the most features I use in ui-view are Igate TX and RX,
> digipeater and the maps.

Thanks, IGate TX is in the 2010/03/01 release from last night. A future
release will make it both configurable by interface as well as gating
messages only to the RF interface on which the station was "recently"
heard "local".

Digipeater will be a while yet. I'll add it to the list, although I
knew I'd be needing it sometime. It may turn out to be sooner than
later now that I've done the 3rd party path mucking for message
IGating. I believe I now understand how to do the WIDEn-N insertion,
decrement, and usage.

UI-View maps are coming!

Thanks for the feedback so I know what to focus the development effort on.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

> Cheers,
> Robin.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Download the latest version (2010/03/01). The bottom of the circle will show "S" when it is center-tracking your station. If it doesn't say that, use the new "Screen / Tracking / ME" option to restore center-tracking to "Me".

You might also want to use "Screen / Tracking / Locked" to prevent inadvertent screen drags from disconnecting the center track. The only drawback with "Locked" is that if you DO drag the screen somewhere to look at something, the next position update (local GPS for Me or remote station update for Tracking(xxxxxx-n)) will yank the map back to center on that position.