xml file and Vista

andy_g0mni

Hi I am running the win32 version of aprsisce and after editing the xml file, aprsisce either refuses to run or writes a new xml file so I cannot change either my location or symbol.My OS is Vista Home edition

Lynn Deffenbaugh

andy_g0mni wrote:
Hi I am running the win32 version of aprsisce and after editing the xml file, aprsisce either refuses to run or writes a new xml file so I cannot change either my location or symbol.My OS is Vista Home edition
You must use a plain text editor to edit the XML file. After editing, open the file in Internet Explorer and see if it reports any errors. Also, in the current version, you cannot use a symbol of & (black diamond G or with overlay) as my config saver fails to XML-encode it. The next version will allow that symbol to be used.

If this doesn't help, please send me a copy of your original XML file and the one you've edited (copied before the client overwrites it, of course). to KJ4ERJ@arrl.net.

andy_g0mni

Hi Lynn I have used note pad to edit and saved the altered file I just had to zoom into the location that I wanted clicked on screen selected prefered and save and now when I start its at my home location thanks for your help

andy_g0mni wrote:
Hi Lynn I have used note pad to edit and saved the altered file I just had to zoom into the location that I wanted clicked on screen selected prefered and save and now when I start its at my home location thanks for your help
Be aware that just because the display is centered on your desired position, that doesn't mean that your beacons are going out with that position. I'm working on a new version that will make the current center status visible and also a few new menu options to take you back to centered and tracking on your own position.

What callsign-SSID is this and if you look at aprs.fi does it have you in the proper location?

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ