Yet Another New Release!

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Greetings,

Yes, there's another new release in the Group's Files section. It contains:

Reversed the Zoom +/- behavior (no cheers, just beers (but I'm a tea-totaler!))
Remove GPS elements when disabled, User-toggle for satellites
Add Station Labels to the screen (user-toggle)
Corrected 2-digit DAO (extended precision) translation
Recognize Yeasu's new FTM-350
Fix a Maximize/Restore scale factor bug (Win32)
Support TEXT TNCs (for APRS Messenger, APRS over PSK-63 on 30m)
Protect World and Continental OSM Map Tiles from the purger

There's a MUCH longer list (as well as the ToDos) in the release notes that you can also pull from the files section.

Details for the APRS Messenger and RFID features will be forthcoming as soon as I get the final kinks out of them.

m6xsd <m6xsd@...>

Hi Lynn,
Just trying the new Win32 version and I get the RunNMEA error 'Failed to open Port'.
It is telling me the correct Portis selected & the GPS has a Fix.

Is there anything elseIneed todo apart from swap the new .exe for old?.

73,
Colin.

Greetings,

Yes, there's another new release in the Group's Files section. It contains:

Reversed the Zoom +/- behavior (no cheers, just beers (but I'm a
tea-totaler!))
Remove GPS elements when disabled, User-toggle for satellites
Add Station Labels to the screen (user-toggle)
Corrected 2-digit DAO (extended precision) translation
Recognize Yeasu's new FTM-350
Fix a Maximize/Restore scale factor bug (Win32)
Support TEXT TNCs (for APRS Messenger, APRS over PSK-63 on 30m)
Protect World and Continental OSM Map Tiles from the purger

There's a MUCH longer list (as well as the ToDos) in the release notes
that you can also pull from the files section.

Details for the APRS Messenger and RFID features will be forthcoming as
soon as I get the final kinks out of them.

m6xsd <m6xsd@...>

And now the good news:

Bluetooth GPS is working on my M3100 with the new CE version:)

73,
Colin.

--- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@> wrote:

Greetings,

Yes, there's another new release in the Group's Files section. It contains:

Reversed the Zoom +/- behavior (no cheers, just beers (but I'm a
tea-totaler!))
Remove GPS elements when disabled, User-toggle for satellites
Add Station Labels to the screen (user-toggle)
Corrected 2-digit DAO (extended precision) translation
Recognize Yeasu's new FTM-350
Fix a Maximize/Restore scale factor bug (Win32)
Support TEXT TNCs (for APRS Messenger, APRS over PSK-63 on 30m)
Protect World and Continental OSM Map Tiles from the purger

There's a MUCH longer list (as well as the ToDos) in the release notes
that you can also pull from the files section.

Details for the APRS Messenger and RFID features will be forthcoming as
soon as I get the final kinks out of them.

m6xsd <m6xsd@...>

Hi again Lynn,

OK, got it working again. I had to disable GPS, close and re-start APRSIS32, select the COM port again (it had gone blank), close and re-start APRSIS32, re-select the COM port and re-enable GPS.
Now all working fine:)

73,
Colin
M6XSD.

[...]

Great news on both fronts! Can you zip up all of the APRSIS32.lo* files so I can see what might have gone worng with the GPS on the upgrade? Somehow I might have changed what the port names looked like in the (temporary, I hope) force of all ports to be available.

I gather with that forcing, the port you needed for the M3100 was available and worked? Is it working on the "Program" or "Hardware" port? Or at least compare which port worked there with the port(s) paired on BlueTooth and/or used by other programs.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Bumping the priority of "show status of active ports"...

m6xsd wrote:

[...]

Colin Catlin <m6xsd@...>

Sorry Lynn,

I don’t think I have the old log files, I had a tidy up after I had everything working, but I will have a look at what I have got.

It just appeared as if the .exe & .xml had to be ‘reset’ (for want of a better description), it was as if COM2 (which I use on the Desktop) wasn’t being seen anymore and had to be re-initialised. I did notice there were 2 of each COM port at one stage, now it is only showing 1 of each. So perhaps it was looking for the wrong COM2, if that makes sense.

The M3100 is working on the actual COM port (COM4) of the Bluetooth GPS, whereas other software will work with COM4 or 6.

The only problem I have now is with the iPaq re-naming what it calls it’s CF/SD cards resulting in it dumping OSMtiles wherever it seems to feel like. If I don’t start swapping cards around it is quite happy though.

Now I have the M3100 working properly I will give the iPaq a try hardwired to the eTrex GPS sometime (probably over the weekend).

All in all I think this is the biggest step forward yet, you should be extremely proud of your work.

73,

Colin

M6XSD.

m6xsd wrote:
> Hi again Lynn,
>
> OK, got it working again. I had to disable GPS, close and re-start APRSIS32, select the COM port again (it had gone blank), close and re-start APRSIS32, re-select the COM port and re-enable GPS.
> Now all working fine:)
>

> 73,
> Colin
> M6XSD.
>
> --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "m6xsd" wrote:
>
>> Hi Lynn,
>> Just trying the new Win32 version and I get the RunNMEA error 'Failed to open Port'.
>> It is telling me the correct Portis selected & the GPS has a Fix.
>>
>> Is there anything elseIneed todo apart from swap the new .exe for old?.
>>

>> 73,
>> Colin.
>>
>> --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Yes, there's another new release in the Group's Files section. It contains:
>>>
>>> Reversed the Zoom +/- behavior (no cheers, just beers (but I'm a
>>> tea-totaler!))
>>> Remove GPS elements when disabled, User-toggle for satellites
>>> Add Station Labels to the screen (user-toggle)
>>> Corrected 2-digit DAO (extended precision) translation
>>> Recognize Yeasu's new FTM-350
>>> Fix a Maximize/Restore scale factor bug (Win32)
>>> Support TEXT TNCs (for APRS Messenger, APRS over PSK-63 on 30m)
>>> Protect World and Continental OSM Map Tiles from the purger
>>>
>>> There's a MUCH longer list (as well as the ToDos) in the release notes
>>> that you can also pull from the files section.
>>>
>>> Details for the APRS Messenger and RFID features will be forthcoming as
>>> soon as I get the final kinks out of them.

k2eng@ymail.com <radiofreq@...>

Hi Lynn,

I had a chance to run the new version for an extended period today. Here are a couple things I have noticed:

Reversed the Zoom +/- behavior (no cheers, just beers (but I'm a
tea-totaler!))
Thank you, and thanks for the option of changing it back! I did notice that the zoom, however, did take a bit longer on my phone to "catch-up" to my command to zoom in/out.

Remove GPS elements when disabled, User-toggle for satellites
Works perfectly - gives it just a hair more map :)

Add Station Labels to the screen (user-toggle)
LOVE THIS! Unfortunately my labels disappear after a couple of minutes, and the only way I can seem to get them back is to completely exit the prog. and re-launch it. The toggle on/off in the menu doesn't seem to turn it back on (unless of course there is something I'm doing wrong - perhaps a setting in xml?)

Recognize Yeasu's new FTM-350
WORKS! I have someone in my area that has a 350 and had him show up the whole time. I will try the messaging as soon as I see him again. Unfortunately I was driving at the time and couldn't "text and drive".

Details for the APRS Messenger and RFID features will be >forthcoming as soon as I get the final kinks out of them.
I read up on that and it looks very interesting. I can't wait for this.

That's all I have so far. Thank you for all of you hard work and dedication to this project, and as another member said - thank you for taking the time to listen to suggestions and implement them so quickly.

73,
Jason, K2ENG
Sprint Touch Pro 2 WM 6.1