Emailing: APRSIS32.xml

Lynn Deffenbaugh

James Jolin wrote:
Lynn.
Put the latitude/longitude in, took the filter, etc out and things are looking good. I don't seem to be able to zoom in on the U.S. The cursor keys (up and down) take me to the other side of the Atlantic....seems to zoom in on Russia at one point. Am I missing something else?
Thanks, by the way, for your help.
Jim WA9ARB
You can drag the maps around the way you'd expect with a mouse. There is currently no keyboard way to pan the maps. As you noticed, up and down zoom out and in respectively.

What callsign-ssid are you using now? I just checked aprs.fi and it seems that WA9ARB is a UI-View station. You need to use different -SSIDs for each client, especially if they're doing different things or at different locations. It appears that you've used the same call with no -SSID for xastir, APRSIS32, and UI-View. That can cause some confusion, especially if you ever run more than one of them at the same time.

I'm only seeing one beacon from APRSIS32 and that was yesterday at 20:18 UCT. There's still some things not working right. Feel free to send me another log file if you'd like to keep trying to get it working.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

James Jolin <jjolin@...>

Lynn.
Put the latitude/longitude in, took the filter, etc out and things are looking good. I don't seem to be able to zoom in on the U.S. The cursor keys (up and down) take me to the other side of the Atlantic....seems to zoom in on Russia at one point. Am I missing something else?
Thanks, by the way, for your help.
Jim WA9ARB

Lynn Deffenbaugh

(Copying the group for general information)

I don't yet see why the screen isn't blue, but your Lat/Lon are set to 0,0, so there won't be many stations there. With the client CLOSED, edit the APRSIS32.XML file and set Lat/Lon to what you think they should be. The units are decimal degrees, so if you think you should be a at 28 degrees 30 minutes North, it would be 28.5. For 80 degrees 40 minutes west, it would be -80.6666.

The m/250 in your filter string is not necessary. Also, you do NOT want the word "filter" in there. APRSIS32/CE automatically create an m/nnn filter based on the Range setting and also already add the "filter" word. UI-View called it "Extra Logon Text", I only allow Extra Filter.

If you put the following URL into a browser, what do you get? Do you know if you're behind a web proxy or have direct access to the Internet?

http://tile.openstreetmap.org/0/0/0.png

You should get a map of the whole world which is also what APRSIS32 should display when you have the slider the whole way up at the + end.

Let me know what you get after changing the Lat/Lon and filter in your XML file and re-running the client.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

James Jolin wrote:

Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
APRSIS32.xml
Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.
,